Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
- 17 GenericWomen Long Sleeve African Floral Dashiki Split Sleeve Jacket Blazer Suits
- RE DONE The Classic This Buds for You Graphic Tee Vintage White
- Sharagano Womens Shirt Dress with Cargo Pockets, Zippers and Self Belt Dress
- Tag Heuer Kalibre 9401 101 Rectangular Sunglasses, Black, 66 mm
- Victoria's Secret PINK Reverse Racerback Bra Medium (AC)Heather Grey
- Women Warm Long Sleeve Parka Faux Fur Coat Overcoat Fluffy Top Jacket Leopard
- Zhuyuanhai Fashion Scarves Ladies fall winter thick shawls student's scarf knit long wool Plaid scarf
- American West Leather Ladies Folded Wallet Bundle w Key Chain Purse Light
- BCSY Women's Two Piece Office Lady Blazer Business Suit Set
- bluesh Multi S.L. Fashions Womens JewelStrap Tiered Cocktail Dress (Petite and Regular)
- Cashmere 4 U 100% Cashmere Poncho Asymmetrical Boat Neck Wraps Women
- Dark Green Promworld Women's Off the Shoulder Velvet Evening Dress with Sleeves Applique Beaded Formal Prom Dress
- En Creme Womens Off The Shoulder Denim Ruffle Romper Jumpsuit
- Fuqiuwei Sonnenbrillen Simple And Versatile Retro Personality Sunglasses Female Personality Big Box Polygon Sunglasses
- HOMEYEE Women's Puff Sleeve Square Neck Polka Dot Mermaid Dress B467
- Jujube red Women’s Adjustable Beach Floppy Sun Hat
- Liebeskind Berlin Women's Bafionaw8 Basic Purse
- Maloja PilaM. Multisport Pants Pinetree
- NASHALYLY Women's Ruched Casual Long Sleeve Knee Length Bodycon Basic Fitted Dress
- Pashmina Print Knit Seam Midi
- Rajnandini Women's Silk Zari Weaving Work Rich Pallu Kanjivaram Saree With Blouse (JOPLNS2006_Free Size)
- Sequin Hearts Womens Juniors Lace Short Mini Dress Pink 5
- 1 20CTTW Sterling Silver Miracle Plate Diamond Double Heart Pendant Necklace (IJ, I2I3)18
- Alpha Industries Womens Diplomat Fishtail W Field Coat Jacket
- Sunday Funday Football Tee Shirts Women Raglan 3 4 Sleeve Baseball Tee Casual Top
- URSFUR Authentic Knit Mink Fur Mittens Women's Winter Warm Golves
- Winter hat for Women in Autumn and Winter
- YMI Wannabettabutt MidRise Bootcut Luxe Jeans, Hand Sand Grinding bluee
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.