Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 1239_dark bluee Demetory Women's Floral Print Sleeveless Scoop Neck Tunic Dress with Pocket
- RALPH LAUREN Women's Jeweled Tassel Necklace
- Sexy Red Men and Women Wet Look DS Open Eye Stage Catsuit Clothing Prisoner Patent Leather Jumpsuits Leggings Nightclub
- Sympli Women's Go to Tank TunicBlack
- VETIOR Women's Elastic High Waist Aline Flared Maxi Skirt(XLarge,Black)
- Women 's Heavy Embroidery PU Leather Thicker Coat
- ZENWEN Women's Fashion Temperament Sexy Women's VNeck Waist Slim Irregular LongSleeved Dress
- Alex Evenings Womens PlusSize Short Lace Dress with Illusion Sleeves Dress
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Women's Linn Credver Lace Romper
- blueeshore Sports Leggings Hollow Out Yoga Leggings High Waist Winter Fitness Leggings Girls Sports Pants
- CCBubble 2 Piece Prom Dresses 2018 Lace Prom Dresses Long
- Dasior Womens Halter Long Formal Evening Gown Prom Party Dress
- Epinkbridal Sheer Beaded Sequin Long Prom Dress Gowns Open Back Evening Formal Dress for Women
- Glasses Case,Portable Collapsible Hard Shell Triangle Eyeglass Box for Sunglasses Reading Eyeglasse Predection(Persian Cat)
- Ikerenwedding Women's Sweetheart Beaded Laceup Pleated Quinceanera Ball Gown
- Kaured Stylish Coat Women Wide Lapel Belt Pocket Wool Blend Coat Oversize Long
- LIULIFE Autumn Winter Women's Shawl Rabbit Fur Woven Loose Hooded Knit Cardigan Cloak Cape Poncho Coat
- Marina Rinaldi Women's Baobab Floral Print Blouse Green
- Navy bluee Sexy Elegant Pink Lace Short Evening Dress Cap Sleeve A line Evening Gown Party Dress
- PBLemiGM Women's Lace Short Sleeve Crop Party Dress
- Rebecca Minkoff Phone Wristlet With Tassel Wallet
- Sheer Opaque Shaping Pantyhose Slimming Lifting Shaper Nylon Tights Push Up Effect
- 100% Cashmere Printed Sparkle Glitter Look Scarf 24 x76 with Gift Bag
- AMIT FASHIONS Exclusive Indian Designer Semi Stitch Salwar Suit for Women's Black
- Sunsets Womens Swim Systems Siren Halter Bikini Top Bikini Top
- Vampal Red V Neck Bow Detail Embellished Prom Dress With Cascading Ruffle Skirt
- Woman Autumn And Winter New Solid color Increase Shawl Dualuse Warm Korean Version Wild Thin Scarf,3OneSize
- YQQ Ladies Scarves Hand Painted Flower Scarves (color I)
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.