Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 10kt Twotone gold Womens Round Diamond Angel Circle Pendant 1 10 Cttw
- Ralph by Ralph Lauren Women's 0rl8168 NonPolarized Iridium Rectangular Sunglasses opal taupe 55.0 mm
- SeSe Code Women's Scoop Neck Floral Printed Casual Sleeveless Flowy Dress
- Swimsuit, Conjoined Belly Slim Sexy Small Chest Conservative Large Size Hot Spring Bathing Suit (color Black, Size L)
- VersaBra Congreenible Multiway Strapless Bra (32A 42DD)
- Women Loose Long Sleeves Round Neck Shirt One Size
- Zeagoo Women's Bohemian Long Sleeve Button Print Casual Long Maxi Dress
- Alo Yoga Women's HighWaist Ripped Warrior Leg
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver 4.4mm Oval Rolo Bracelet
- Bollywood Anarkali Dresses for women Salwar Kameez Ceremony Wedding Punjabi 752 3
- Cemavin Womens Pink Bow Long Sleeves Ruffles Cotton Lolita Dress
- Dearta Women's Sheath OneShoulder Sleeveless AnkleLength Prom Dresses
- Estivo Bold Botany Ruffle One Piece
- Gather and Upgrade Smooth Cotton Comfort Bra (color 65B, Size Skin Colour)
- Hudson Jeans Womens Nico Midrise Ankle Skinny with Raw Hem Jeans
- Jxfd Women Warm Winter Long Sleeve Front Open Short Faux Fur Cardigan Jacket
- purplec Annxpink Women's Long Sheer Scoop Neck Beaded Pearls Flowers Tulle ALine Prom Gown Formal Evening Dress
- Max Studio London Womens Tie Neck Cardigan Sweater
- New Fashion Style Women's Leather Jackets Black B86_
- PilyQ Women's San Sebastian Embroidered OnePiece Swimsuit
- Red SweatyRocks Women's Two Piece Bathing Suit Padded Knot Plaid Bikini Set
- Silver Jeans Co. Womens Skinny Distressed Ankle Jeans
- 100 PCS Keyrings Keychains Key Ring Chains Tags Jewelry Findings Clasps Buckles Supplies S4CU2 Taurus
- Amanda Uprichard Womens Ridgewood Dress Casual Dress
- SUNGLASSES New Sunglasses Fashion Ladies Big Box Personality Glasses
- UZN Women's Off Shoulder Beaded Satin Prom Dresses Long Formal Evening Gown Pocket
- Wire Free Sports Exercise Yoga Jogging Shockproof Push Up Padded Bra High Quality
- YOMEYO Sports Balaclava Winter Face Mask WindResistant Face Mask for Women Men
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.