Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 100 PCS Keyrings Keychains Key Ring Chains Tags Jewelry Findings Clasps Buckles Supplies I7WM2 Hollow Owl
- Rachel Zoe Womens Mini Bell Sleeves Party Dress
- Seaside Holiday New Thai LongSleeved Hollow Triangle Swimsuit Female Sense Size Chest Slim Lace Gathered Belly Swimsuit (Size M)
- Susymix Women's 37335BROWN Brown Viscose Skirt
- VearFit Vizero Qualited Faux Pu Leather Jacket for Women Tailor Made Winter Fashion Collection
- Women Dress 3 4 Long Sleeve Round Neck Loose Long Maxi Dress Plus Size Embroidery Floral Casual Party Evening Cocktail Dress Vintage Retro Dresses (color Black, Size XL)
- YUMC Couple Crossbody Backpack Shoulder Bag Denim Fabric Casual Bag Male and Female Bag Canvas Couple Bag (bluee 2)
- AllAboutUs Women Winter bluee Black Dress Long Sleeve with Sequins Knee Length Dress Robe Femme 4604
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Womens Katia Low VNeck Ruffle Woven City Dress Dress
- blueelong Sleeve LEANI Women's Casual Short Sleeve Solid color Button Decor TShirt Tunic Tops Blouse with Pockets
- Classic Skin Tone FS Postpartum Support Recovery Belly Belt Body Shaper Corset Belt with High Elastic for Women and Maternity Recovering from Birth, Waist Trainer Belts (color Breathable Skin Tone, Size L)
- Diesel DL 0154 Geometric acetate women SPOTTED BLACK
- Fashionbride Women's Mermaid Wedding Dress for Bride Lace Ruffles Bridal Gowns Trumpet ED43
- gold Uther Sweetheart Beaded ALine Homecoming Dress Short Cocktail Dress Tulle Porm Gown
- Inc Womens Plus Lace Sheer Basic Jacket White 3X
- Kensie Performance Women's TuxedoStripe Fleece Sweatpant
- Lnxianee Women's V Neck Prom Dresses Two Pieces Long Formal Evening Party Gowns
- Mara Hoffman Womens Mesh Insert Bustier One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
- Natural Red colorblock Coolibar UPF 50+ Women's Sophia Fedora Sun Predective
- Passat Wedding Dresses With Feathers
- Ralph Lauren Womens Elongated Cardigan Sweater
- Sexy OffTheShoulder Tube Top Beach Bridesmaid Wedding Dress Gauze Perspective Fishtail Tutu Dress for Women
- Women Coat Vest Jacket Sleeveless Blazer Quilted Female Button Outwear Suit Jacket
- Alfani Petite Textured StraightLeg Pants
- Striped Scarf Autumn and Winter Women's Thick Shawl Wild Long Students Keep Warm,bluee200 55
- Udresses Womens Sexy Sequined Evening Party Dress 2018 Split Prom Dresses PO60
- White Xingo Elastic Sun Hat Visors Hat for Women Men in Outdoor Sports Jogging Running Tennis
- Yeenueer Women's Strapless Mermaid Bohemian Wedding Dresses Beach Lace Bridal Gowns YNR70
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.