Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 1 WSPLYSPJY Women's Winter Laple Thicken Warm Double Breasted Long Wool Trench Coat Overcoat
- Rachel Rachel Roy Black Sleeveless WideLeg Jumpsuit XS
- SDRESS Women's Beaded Appliques Scoop Long Sleeve Side Slit Formal Evening Dress
- Sunshine Multi LeSuit Women's Size Plus Tweed 4 Bttn Ingreened Collar Pant
- Vampal Royal bluee Strapless Mermaid Taffeta Bridesmaid Dresses With Bow
- Woman Autumn And Winter Scarf Increase Thicker 120 Balls Bride Wedding Solid color Fashion Shawl,8OneSize
- YQQ Scarves Ladies 100% Mulberry Silk Solid color Shawl Rectangle Seasons 126 175cm (color G)
- Alternative Womens Cut Off Melange Jersey Burnout Tank Top
- Bar III HighLow GrommetDetail Sweater (XL, Black)
- Blood color Ladies Vintage Silk Scarves Silk Pure color Scarf Long Joker Summer Sunscreen Shawl Jiss
- CCBubble Lace Prom Dresses 2018 Beaded Long Prom Dress
- DASTI Jackets for Women Winter Coats Jacket Fur Womens Sherpa Lined Parka Hood Parkas Yellow
- Epinkbridal Sweetheart Ball Gown Wedding Dress Bridal Gown Elegant Evening Formal Gowns
- Gore Mythos 2.0 Windstopper Soft Shell Women's Tights AW16
- Indian Ethnicwear Bollywood Wedding Faux Crepe Silk bluee Coloured Fancy Saree
- KERVINJESSIE Women's Round Neck Half Sleeve Lace Swing Dress Bridesmaid Dress (color Pink, Size L)
- London Times Curve Parker Shift
- Mandarina Duck Women's Duck Ball Tracolla Shoulder Bag
- Natori Womens Feathers Essentials Chemise Nightgown
- Passat Lace Covered Back Wedding Dresses
- Ralph by Ralph Lauren Women's 0rl8144 Rectangular Sunglasses black 0 mm
- SeSe Code Women's Cowl Neck Long Sleeve Asymmetric Boho Floral Tunic Blouse(FBA)
- 110 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots O3ZV2 Owl
- ANDYOUWomen Long Sleeve Blazer Work Bootcut Pants 2Piece Suits Set
- Susana Monaco Womens Cat Turtleneck Dress Dress
- VARSITY JACKET The Jacket Makers Girls Biker Gang Red Leather Jacket Womens
- Women Classic Latin Dance Skirt Sequins Tassel Skirt Square Dance Dress Latin Dance Practice Skirt Dance Competition Performance Dress
- YUBINtaiyangjing The Sunglasses Female Net Red Glasses Celebrity The Same Paragraph Transparent Glasses AntiUV Sunglasses (color Green)
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.