Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Jovonna London Women's 341BENCHLEYblueE bluee Cotton Dress
- Purple Lotus Skyward Columbia Womens Arcadia II Jacket
- SABARRY Women Coat Casual Lapel Fleece Fuzzy Faux Shearling Zipper Outwear Jackets
- Stormtech Women's Octane Lightweight Shell NW1W
- TYR Womens Mantra Della Boyshorts
- White Trendy USA 174 Women's TShirt Winter is Coming Stark Quote Wolf
- YANXH Winter The New Down Jacket Female In The Long Section Thicker Cotton Clothing Coat
- AllhqFashion Women's Dacron Dress ToteStyle Weekend Getaways Shoulder Bags, FBUBD181903
- Beautydress Womens 4 Meters White Ivory Lace Edge Wedding Bridal Veil with Comb BP077
- Brave pinkmary Bathers Indoor Swimsuit Bikini 2019 Large Size Swimwear Women Push Up Bathing Suit Plus Swimming Suits
- CCBubble Women's Long Satin Bridesmaid Dresses Corset Back Long Prom Formal Party Dress CXY786
- Datangep Women's Double V Neck Lace Bridal Gown Sheath Backless Wedding Dresses
- Epinkbridal Women's Long Evening Dresses Elegant Beading Crystal
- FUZHUANGHM V Neck Sleeveless Summer Floral Print Vintage Women Dress Plus Size Rertro Dress
- Hong Tai Yang Women's Scarves Handmade DoubleSided Embroidered Scarves Embroidered Silk Long Silk Embroidery Shawl Highend Gifts180x85cm The Most Beautiful Gift (color A)
- Julitia Spring Autumn Bomber Jacket Women Men Tops Couple Long Sleeve Basic Coat
- Life is good Women's Vintage Sleep Set
- Makeitmint Women's Basic Solid VNeck Long Sleeve Soft Knit Sweater [S3XL]
- Nanette Nanette Lepore Womens colorBlocked Shirtdress W H Business Casual Dress
- Parker Smith Women's Twisted Seam Skinny in Dawn
- Rails Womens Marti Top Shirt
- Sekitobajapan.inc Sleeveless Floral Lace Maxi Dress for Women Black and red
- PinUp Stars Women's MCGLGNN000005015E Multicolor Cotton Skirt
- Alashan Cashmere Company Claudia Nichole Draped Dress Topper
- Sterling Silver Diamond & Smoky Quartz Ring
- Two Piece Homecoming Dresses Short ALine Backless Sequin Cocktail Party Gowns
- White Pattern Bamboo Chemo Hat
- XXXITICAT Women's Fuzzy Casual Oversized Long Sleeve Wool Faux Fur Teddy Warmest Coat
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.