Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- ‘ale by alessandra Womens Cody Crochet Raffia Sunhat; Packable, Adjustable & UPF Rated Sun Hat
- R&M Richards Womens Lace Gown with Belt Dress
- Scarisee Womens Long Sleeves Beaded High Low Evening Prom Party Dresses LaceSA91
- Sunglasses Cat Eye Mirrored Polarized Eye Glasses Fashion Metal Frame Goggles UV400
- Utopia Multi Gottex Womens Draped Panel Thin Strap Surplice One Piece Swimsuit One Piece Swimsuit
- Winter Waterproof Cold Weather Warm Coat Female Plus Velvet Jacket Windproof Camping Hiking Coat with Hood Removable Hood, Unisex, M3XL,Osered,XXXL
- Yoga Pilates Pants Yoga Pants Trousers Leggings Tight Nine Points Net Yarn Five Hollow Outdoor Sports Trousers Leggings (Size L)
- Alfani Womens Large FauxLeather Motorcycle Jacket Purples
- Beautiful White gold 14K Whitegold 14k WG .90mm Franco Chain
- Boob Women's Merino Wool Sweater
- Champagne Flora Nikrooz Women's Showstopper Cover Up
- Deluxe Satin Clergy Stole with Embroidered Dove with Olive Branch
- European leather wallet 'Frandi' marine (leopard).
- Galliano Women's MCBI20279 bluee Cotton Jeans
- HSDJ Women's Party Ball Gowns Sweet 16 Crystals Tulle Quinceanera Dresses
- Just Cavalli Women's Cat Eye Sunglasses Dark bluee
- Light Turquoise One Shoulder YIRENWANSHA 2018 Assymetric Bridesmaid Dress for Wedding Long Sequined A Line Party Gown YBD891
- Mavi Womens Ashley Mid Rise Bootcut
- Neon Buddha Womens Peyton Jacket ButtonDown Shirt
- PHIBEE Women's Windproof Outdoor FullZip Polyester Warm Softshell Hooded Jacket
- Red Navy Birds Thick Silk Small Square Scarf
- Silk Scarf for Women 100% Silk Sunscreen Long Large Lightweight Satin Shawl Wrap Headscarf
- [Purple] Women Cotton Bathrobes Ladies Nightgown Soft Robe for Winter
- Alilith.Z Sexy High Low Beaded Prom Dresses Long Formal Evening Party Gowns for Women 2 Piece with Jacket 2018
- Sububblepper Women's Long Sleeve Solid color Turtleneck Rib Knit Sweater Dress
- Unibelle Women's Button Down Open Front Long Sleeve Cardigan Sweater
- William Rast Womens Prairie Strappy Cold Shoulder Tunic Top Tunic Shirt
- Yeokou Women's Long Wool Trench Coat Winter Full Length Double Breasted Overcoat
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.