Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- (3 4 Sleeve) Black BBX Lephsnt Womens Summer Dresses Sleeveless Pockets Casual Round Neck Swing TShirt Dress
- QY Bride Gorgeous Applique Wedding Reception Prom Dresses Mermaid
- Scarf Europe and The United Kingdom British Plaid Scarf Winter Thick Shawl Scarf Dualuse Large Warm Blended Cashmere (Multicolor Choice) (color A)
- SUN Women Elegant Cloche Bucket Felt Hats with Flowers and Mesh Accent,Bowler Church Hat Autumn and Winter ，Adjustable Size (color Black)
- UP Womens Slim Ankle Pants Flatten and Flatter Style 66240 Techno Floral
- Winter Blanket Scarf Shawls And Wraps For Evening Dresses Cashmere Feel Large Scarfs Scarves For Men And Women
- Yiweir Women's Two Piece Lace Beaded Homecoming Dresses 2018 Short Formal Prom Gowns YH106
- Alexia Admor Women's Floral Shift Dress
- Beautiful Stainless Steel Polished Black Carbon Fiber Inlay 8.5in Bracelet
- Bollé color Burst VNeck Tennis Tank, color Burst
- CHAMPRO LowRise BP11 Solid color Youth and Women's Fastpitch Softball Pants
- Deruj Korat Cat Print Women's Bath Robe
- EVIDNT Women's French Terry Contrast Sleeve Sweatshirt
- Geometric Backpack Luminous Holographic Reflective Shoulder Bag Shard Lattice Travel Fashion Rucksack
- Hurley Womens Graphic Long Sleeve T Shirt Shirt
- Kaporal Jeans Jean Short Shorts for Women Poly
- Lily Wedding Womens Beaded Tulle Prom Dresses 2018 Long Sweetheart Formal Evening Party Ball Gowns with Ruffles GD06
- Mauwey Women's Retro Plus Size OffShoulder Navy bluee Taffeta Mother of The Bride Dresses Prom Bridal Wedding Party
- Neon Buddha Womens Christelle Top 8383 Sweatshirt
- PGA TOUR Womens Active Short Sleeve Tops Shirt
- Red MNLYBABY Bump's First Christmas TShirt Pregnancy Maternity Funny Raglan Baseball Tees
- Silk Ms. Scarf Spring Summer New Beach Towel (Length 175Cm Width 65Cm), 2
- Womens Wide Brim Beret Cap Vintage Leather Newsboy Hat for Ladies
- Alfred Dunner Petites' Floral Asymmetrical Sweater
- Style & Co. Women's Cuffed Skimmer Shorts (8P)
- Ukrainian Embroidered Mini Dress Boho Eclipse, Exclusive
- White819 Kranchungel Women's Gothic Corset Brocade Overbust Bustier with Lace Sleeves
- Yellow gold Beige High Grade 100% Cashmere Shawl Scarf Wrap Hand Made in Nepal NEW
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.