Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Yoome Cute Cartoon Hot Air Balloon Ladies Handbag Cloud Decoration Emroidery
- QT Intimates Shaping Brief Brief
- Sasonfixia Bell Sleeve Off Shoulder Tube Top Elastic Hem Women's Crop Tops
- Summer striped women's shortsleeved pajamas home service suit ( color Pink , Size XL )
- Unomatch Women Retro Embossed Flowers Long Sleeves Tight Dress Navy
- Wink Gal Women's Triangle Wireless Bra Removable Padded Cotton Bralette Small Black
- YIRENWANSHA Fashion V Neck Satin Evening Dress A Line Long Bead Formal Prom Party GownSHEV86
- Amore Beaute White Cotton Tunic with bluee Embroidery, Hand Embroidered White Tunic Tops
- BCDshop Coat Women Winter, New Ladies Warm Faux Fur Coat Jacket Parka Outerwear Plus
- bluesh Mother of The Bride Dresses Long Appliques Evening Party Prom Gown for Women
- CBWUJDS Winter AntiAbrasion Doudoune Windstopper Duck Down Jacket Women Fur Collar Long Coat
- DashX KennaW Women's Leather Jacket Lambskin Distressed Brown
- Epinkbridal Long Sleeve Lace Prom Dress Formal Gowns Wedding Party Dress for Womens
- Giorzio Womens Sleep Shirt Boyfriend Sleep Shirt Dress Button Down Striped Cotton Nightgown Sleepwear
- IC Collection CrosshatchPrint Zip Front Jacket in Cream Black 3370J
- Karen Kane Women's Structured Knit Pant
- Lingerie, Sleep & Lounge Women's Pajamas Casual wear Women Long Sleeves his Suit Nightgown Cotton LongSleeved Autumn Clothes Fashion Sportswear Suit (color Pink, Size XL)
- May Queen MQ648 Cute Short Bridesmaids Dress
- New Scarf Air Conditioning Room Shawl Dual Female Winter,9OneSize
- Pink Dresses for Women,Temperament Round Neck Long Sleeve Pleated Lace Mini Party Evening Cocktail Dress, Robe (color Pink, Size M)
- Red Women's Retro Floral Lace Vintage Slim Ruched Wedding Maxi Dress Mother Dress purplec 14
- Silvian Heach Women's PGP19094BLFANTASY Multicolor Polyester Shirt
- Zexxxy Women Lightweight Black Cozy Spaghetti Slip Pjm Set Size L
- Alfred Dunner Women's Faux Fur Coats
- Style 1 Black Gumod Women Tattoo Shirt Sexy Long Sleeve Tribal Print Slim Fit Basic Turtleneck Top
- Ulla Popken Women's Plus Size Floral Border Print Dress 710301
- Whitewed Quickstep Folklorico Ballroom Jive Practice Skirt Waltz Dance Costumes
- Yellow JustVH Maternity Fitted Gown CrossFront V Neck Ruched Long Sleeve Maxi Photography Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.