Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Women Bra False Silicone Breast with Strap On Silicone Form Artificial Breast Crossdresser Shemale Boobs,Black,L
- QiJunGe Women's 2 Pieces Tulle Formal Party Gowns Halter Long Prom Dress
- Santa Claus Plush cotton shoes leisure shoes Home
- Sultry Red Multi GUESS Women's Long Sleeve Tani Aviator Jacket
- Unique Vintage Womens Somerset Chevron Beaded Flapper Dress Dress
- Wine Red Helan Women's Long Real Raccoon Fur Coat
- Yilian lace Sexy Wedding Dress Simple Bride Elegant Evening Cocktail Bridal Gowns
- America West Leather Ladies' TriFold French Wallet (Cow Town Chocolate w Hair)
- Ballerina Pink PANACHE Women's NonWired Sports Bra
- blue Rod Beattie Womens Sneak Peek Crochet Fly Away High Neck Tankini Top Tankini Top
- Charlotte Sparre Womens purplec Plumage Silk Scarf
- Design5 Handbag Coloful Halo Flower Carp Genuine Leather Tote Rivet Bag Shoulder Strap Top Handle Women
- Eyeglasses CHLOE CE 2122 753 LIGHT gold NUDE
- Girls Purse Women's Wallet LargeCapacity MultiCard Buckle Wallet Purse PU Leather (color D)
- Icebreaker Women's Helix Long Sleeve Zip Jacket
- Kasper Womens Compression Ponte Embellished Sheath Dress Dress
- LISA.MOON Women's Jewel Mermaid Sleeveless Two Pieces Net Back Hole Prom Dress
- MACloth Women Lace Party Formal Gown Short Sleeves Midi Mother of Bride Dress
- Mute Swan Water Bird Foldable Retractable Purse Bag Handbag Hook Hanger Holder
- Pacifico Atlantic Seafolly Womens Pacifico Deep V One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
- R&M Richards Womens Shimmer Jacket Dress Dress
- Scarisee Womens VNeck Court Train Lace Appliqued Evening Prom Dress FormalSA148
- Sunglasses for Women, Flat Lenses,Metal Frame Sunglasses UV
- Alex Evenings Womens Tea Length Mock Dress with Sequin Jacket (Petite and Regular Sizes)
- Stormtech Womens Gravity Thermal Shell Jacket
- Tyr Women's Emerald Lake 2 in 1 Tankini Velvet Turquoise MD
- White Tmaoomo Satin Side Slit Long Prom Dress Spaghetti Straps Evening Party Gown with Pockets
- YANXH Autumn And Winter The New Both Sides Wear Down Jacket Ms Short Section Light And Thin Hooded Coat
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.