Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- ONLYSHE Women's Unique High Low Mermaid Dress Solid color Off Shoulder VNeck Dress Red XLarge
- Purple ZLQQ Woman's Half Sleeves Tulle Short Bridesmaid Dresses Lace Tea Length Evening Gowns
- Sam Edelman Women's Nora Chevron Down Coat with Belt
- Style & Co. Woodland Garden Printed BellSleeve Tunic
- Ulla Popken Women's Plus Size bluee Floral Stretch Leggings 717883
- Whiteshirt Blackpant Gomfe 2019 New Business Set Office Lady 2 Pieces Set Blazer+Pencil Pants Or Skirts Solid color Blouse Formal Suits
- Yellow Hutch Women's Printed Strapless Dress
- Affinitas Allison 2412 Black Super Push Up Bra
- BeBe Women's Outerwear Women's Softshell Jacket
- Bridal Wedding Dresses Women Wedding Bridesmaid Dress Sleeveless Deep V Tulle Long Evening Prom Dress Ball Gown Solid Pleated Cocktail Party Maxi Dress with Bowknot Satin Sash Length Bridesmaid Dress
- Clean bluee Hanro Womens Sleep and Lounge Long Sleeve Henley Shirt Pajama Top
- DINGZAN Applique Satin Mother of the Bride Dresses with Long Sleeves Jacket
- FB Jewels Solid Sterling Silver 3D Antiqued Flute W Lobster Clasp Charm
- FXR Women's Pulse Softshell Jacket 18Army Urb Camo Elec Tangerine10
- Honour PVC Zip Through Jeans Purple
- JUN HighGrade Wool Scarf Ladies Thick Section Warm Indian Handmade Beaded Embroidery Winter Shawl
- Light bluee DANA XU 100% Pure Wool Women Winter Large Scarf Pashmina …
- Max Mara Plastic Rectangular Sunglasses 56 0LTB Pink Burgundy K8 brown gradient lens
- New Bikini Split Triangle Bikini Lady Bikini, red, S (color , Size )
- Piko Women's Famous Long Sleeve Bamboo Top Loose Fit
- Red Sexy See Through Plus Size Prom Dresses ALine FloorLength Long Formal Dress
- Silver H.S.D Mother of The Bride Dresses V Neck Evening Dress Asymmetrical Formal Gown Empire
- Letarte Womens Leopard Print Mesh Dress CoverUp
- Aignse New Summer Women Printing Elastic Waist Tie Dress Strapless OffShoulder Dress
- STAR WARS Womens Classic Graphic Tee TShirt
- Tusk Donington gold Zip Clutch 301 Wallet
- White HEMAY Women's Fleece Jacket, Hooded Winter Coat, Windbreaker, Parkas
- Xscape Womens Long Floral Brocade Dress Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.