Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Natural papyrus fabric, soft skin-friendly, comfortable and stylish.
Soft grass weave, foldable, can accommodate travel.
Durable, invisible lines around the edges keep the edges less floppy and the edges can flip over your taste.
Breathable Suitable for beach holidays, fishing and hiking.
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 220 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots X6PD4 Fivepointed Star
- Red RABILTY Women's Off The Shoulder Medium Maix Evening Dress Bridesmaid Gown Prom Dress (color Black, Size L)
- Silver Aiyue Yishen Satin 2 Pieces Beading Sequins Formal Floor Length Evening Party Dress
- Taylor Womens Embellished ALine Dress
- Tipi Toe Women's Fashion Wool Blend Super Soft Ribbed Winter Boot Socks
- Volcom Junior's Cowl Me Boxy Boy Tee
- Women's Soft Ladies Real Leather Stylish Fitted Biker Jacket W107
- Aeropostale Womens Bayla Skinny Fit Jeans
- BB Dakota Womens Come as You are Plaid Top Shirt
- bluee Lace Kimono Suit, Satin Bridal Dressing Gown, Ladies Loose Bathrobe Pajamas, Nightwear for Summer
- Carve NO13 Sunglasses Unisex Matt Black Stripe Polarized
- Dark Green IVYPRECIOUS V Neck Side Split Prom Dresses A Line Long Evening Gowns for Women
- Emporio Armani Womens Solid Reversible Triangle Bikini Set Bikini Set
- Fuqiuwei Sonnenbrillen Simple And Versatile Retro Personality Glasses Retro Sunglasses Female Sunglasses
- HOMEYEE Women's Lapel 3 4 Sleeve Church Aline colorblock Work Dress A121
- JuJuBe Onyx Be Spendy in Black Magic
- Liebeskind Berlin Women's Annuh7 Easynv Purse
- Maggy London Womens Petite Solid Crepe Asymmetric Sheath with Ruffle Detail Dress
- Mystree Maxi color Block Dress
- PajamaGram Women's World's Softest Flannel Plaid Boyfriend Pajamas, Pink
- Rachel Rachel Roy Women's FauxFur Bomber Jacket
- SDRESS Women's Long Sleeve Deep VNeck Long Mermaid Wedding Dress for Bride
- Wristlet Wallet Clutch for Women, U+U Credit Cards Holder Soft PU Leather Zip Around Purse with 15 Card Slots, bluee
- Alfred Dunner Suede Cut Out Jacket
- Style & Co. Womens Palmer Faux Leather colorblock Wristlet Wallet Pink O S
- Ukrainian Fashion Embroidered Boho Maxi Dress, Bohostyle, New
- Whiteblack SHUSHI Womens Long Caftan Dress Hand Paint Tribal Design Swimwear Cover Up Kaftan
- Yellow goldplated 925 Silver 14mm California Girl Pendant Necklace
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.