Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 20KyleBird Tulle Beaded Appliques Homecoming Dresses Mini Length Sequins Sleeveless Cocktail Prom Party Gowns KB082
- Red Loyasun Corset Lingerie Hourglass Corset with Steel Bonings & Vintage Buttons & Chains Steampunk Corset
- Silicone Breast Prosthesis Fake Chest Full Boob Touch Feeling Like Real Human Breasts 1 Pair 1200g Breast,DarkSkinSelfSticking2XL2.6Lb Pair
- Tavin Turkish Red Black Multi Crew Neck Unlined Modesty Dresses
- Ti2 Titanium Womens Woodland Triple Butterfly Stem Pendant Green
- VOA bluee Silk Soft Elastic Waist Sleeveless high Waist swallowtailed Dress
- Womens Short Sleeve Dress Women's Off The Shoulder One Sleeve Side Slit Asymmetric Wedding Party Prom Dress (color Black, Size L)
- Alex Evenings Women's TLength All Over Lace Dress with Jacket Set
- Beautiful White gold 14K 14k White gold Double Circle Dangle Wire Earrings
- Bonnie Lace Off The Shoulder Homecoming Dresses 2018 Short Satin Prom Ball Gowns BS023
- CelebrityPink Juniors' Ripped Patched Jeans
- Dearta Women's ALine Strapless Short Mini Organza Wedding Dresses
- Esprit Accessoires 029ea1o038, Women’s Tote, Black, 11x28x27 cm (B x H T)
- Girls Purse Women's Wallet Leather Cowhide Lady's Phone Bag Key Bag
- Icebreaker Women's Nomi Racerback Tank Top
- Kasper Womens Compression Ponte Sheath Dress W Faux Leather Detailing Dress
- LISA.MOON Women's Jewel Neck Appliqued Two Pieces Tulle Short Homecoming Dresses
- Maison Jules Women's ButtonDetail Nautical Sailor Shorts bluee Notte Size 14
- Nally & Millie Womens Light Green Marble Print Tunic
- Panda Bear Cat GILBIN'S Womens Girls Cute Casual Comfortable Cotton Animal Print Novelty Socks (6 Pack)
- Rachel Roy Womens Strapless Printed Fit and Flare Dress
- SEALINF Womens Leather Hobo Bag Handbag Shoulder Crossbody Tote with Tassel
- 180 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots Q3RE7 Smiley Face Bottle Cap
- ANGVNS ONeck Knit Stretchable Elasticity Long Sleeve Slim Sweater Jumper Dress
- Swimsuit Female, OnePiece Sexy, Chest Gathered Large Size Covered Belly Slimming Swimsuit (color White) (color White, Size M)
- VERO MODA Womens Liva Classic Wool Jacket Wool Coat
- Women Lightweight Down Jacket Hooded Long Sleeve Zipper Drawstring Pocket Puffer Coats Warm Windproof Parkas
- Zblack Red YMSHA Women's Lace Top Prom Dress TwoPiece Long Formal Evening Gowns Side Slit with Pockets XY004
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.