Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2017 High Grade New Scarf Autumn And Winter Printing Warm Shawl Square,5OneSize
- Red He's Mine & She's Mine His and Hers Gifts Couple Hoodies for Couples
- SHUSHI Women Maxi Kaftan Dresses Loose Beach Swim Cover Up Long Floral Caftan
- TaoNice Womens Slim ThighLength Classics Wool Blends Open Front Pea Coat
- Three Dots Womens Tencel Long Sleeve Long Tight Shirt Tunic Shirt
- Vivicoco Womens Long Sleeve Rash Guard Swim Shirts Athletic Sports Top
- Women's Sexy Bikini Set Swimsuit Bikini Halter Hollow Siamese Ladies Spa Beach
- Alpakaandmore Women Ecological Pyma Cotton Dress Front Buttoned
- BEDATE Polarized Genuine Bamboo Sunglasses Round Lenses Handmade Eyewear G005A2
- white black Womens Henley Tank Shirt
- CBTLVSN Women's Oversize Down Puffer Coat Faux Fur Hood Mid Long Coat
- Dasbayla Women's Off Shoulder Ruffle Bodysuit Leotards Rompers Jumpsuits
- Eliza J Womens Plus Size Laser Cut Shift Dress Casual Dress
- Girlie Girls Walk by Faith Not Be Sight Preppy Short Sleeve TShirt
- IC Collection Women's Keyhole Back Tunic in Cobalt 1575T
- Karen Kane Womens Ruffle Cold Shoulder Top Blouse
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.