Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2.60 Ct Oval Brown Smoky Quartz G H Diamond 14K White gold Earrings
- Red CYSTYLE Women's Elastic Waist Capri Harem Summer Pants Pockets
- Show Catwalk 35Cm Wind Brim Leisure Beach Lady Cap Women Holiday Sun Hat
- Tankoo Women's Plus Size Lingerie Sets with Teddy Lingerie,Handcuffs,GString S6XL
- Vince Camuto womens Classic Blanket Toggle Ruana Fashion Scarf
- Women's Black Zipper Front Dress Large Size Nightclub Style Leather Section high Collar Sleeveless Dress bar Party Leather Game Uniform
- ZSIIBO Women Sleeveless Club Dress, Bodycon Dress for Party, Sexy Casual Tank Top Dress for Girls, Black151
- Alfred Dunner Womens Plus Comfort Elastic Medium Length Pull on Pant Casual Pants
- BEAUTYTALK Women's Striped Casual Asymmetrical Hem TShirt Dress
- Bridal Bollywood Chaniya Choli Dupatta Party Wedding Wear Women Ceremony Dandiya Festival By BALAJI Emporium
- Chaser Womens Cold Shoulder Ruffle Sleeve Romper
- Desigual Women's 18SWPW19blueE bluee Viscose Pants
- Fadcloset Ladies Jessica Leather 3 4 Coat
- Genuine Leather Shoulder Sling Bag for Women Small handbag Vintage Unisex Brown Crossbody Bags
- Hunter Green Rekucci Women's Ease in to Comfort Modern Stretch Skinny Pant w Tummy Control
- Kancan Women's Mid Rise Skinny Jeans KC6051
- LILO Collections Baby Bosca 1.25 Bit Leather Belt
- Maison Lejaby 18033 Women's Tatoo Motif Embroidered Full Cup Bra
- NAN Liang Luxury French Towelling Bath Robe 100% Cotton Shawl Collar Dressing Gown Men's Women's Soft (color Women's Pink, Size 4XL)
- Pandapang Womens Winter Flare Swing Down Parkas Jackets Outwears Coats
- Radley London Royal Wedding Large Cotton Tote Bag
- Secret Treasures Owl Dreamer bluee Cove Fleece Plush Pajama Sleep Set w Socks
- New Solid color Dress Large Size Round Neck Vest Skirt Sleeveless Holiday Dress,Red,XXXL
- AK Beauty Women's Sleeveless Long Formal Dresses
- Steel Boned Zipper Shapewear Waist Trainer Vest Slimming Body Shaper Corset
- TWINSET Wallet Female Leather Raspberry OA8THC0097S
- White Lyssé Womens Scallop Edge Denim Ankle Legging Jeans
- Xswsy XGCA Women's Faux Fur Collar Fashion Warm Swing Down Jackets Coats
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.