Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Beige NewCime Women's Long Sleeve Embroidery Chunky Kintted Cardigans Sweater with Pocket Cute Sweaters
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Beige Paioup Ladies Silk Poncho sunscreen shawl silk scarf beach scarf Perfectly expresses unique temperament
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2 Pair03 Jiuhexu 5 Pairs Women Winter Warm Crochet Knitted Boot Cuff Socks Short Leg Warmers
- Red APXPF Womens Organza Ruffle Quinceanera Dresses For Sweet 16 Crystals Prom Ball
- SHOOYING Women's 2 Pieces Floral Print High Waist Strappy Bikini
- Tail Womens Textured Knit Skort
- Vimans Women's Long Red Scoop Lace Mermaid Prom Party Gowns Detachable Train
- Women's Bag Plaid Long Wallet, Simple Versatile Purse Mobile Phone Bag Female Clutch Bag, A Gift for The Party Dinner (color Black, Size 19cm3cm9cm)
- ZOCAI Nylon Fabric Unisex Barrel Backpack Casual Day Backpack K15657
- Alp by Brush Ladies Jacket WoolMix with Hood and Contrasting Inserts
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver CZ Vintage Polished Ring
- Bollywood Collection Anarkali Salwar Kameez Suit Ceremony Punjabi Muslin 641 10
- Chulianyouhuo Womens Ladies Maternity Pregnant Breastfeeding Nursing Dress Teal Black Striped Dress
- DHWMFemale Spring temperament blouse VNeck Black Lotus Leaves LongSleeved Shirt Leisure And Versatile Xue Fang Hit The Shirt
- FASHION BOOMY Womens Basic Ruffles Cap Sleeve Casual Flare Loose Dress
- Genuine Leather Women Chain Shoulder Strap Handbag Cross Body Bag Shoulder Bag
- Huntworth Women's Lifestyle Performance Fleece Hoodie, Black Ultrapurple, Medium
- Kangra Women's 45102593 bluee Cotton Hat
- Lily Anny Women Long Sheer Neck Evening Bridesmaid Dresses Prom Gowns L004LF
- Max Mara MM 1290 HAVANA women Eyewear Frames
- New Balance Womens Windblocker Jacket
- Pikeur ladies quilted waistcoat COLETTE
- Red sensitives Winter Down Jacket Women Casual Hooded Coat White Duck Down Jacket Ladies Warm Parka
- Silver Grey Beige High Grade 100% Cashmere Shawl Scarf Wrap Hand Made in Nepal NEW
- 1545 Designs Women’s Petite Size gold color Silk Cotton Tunic Top Dress
- Angelfashions Women's V Neck Lace Split Ruffled Beading Sheath Dress
- Sweet Gisele Vintage Cowgirl Boots and Hat Rhinestone ShortSleeved VNeck TShirt Made in USA
- Velvet Womens Lux Slub Dolman Sleeve Tee TShirt
- Women Hooded Raincoat Trekking Raincoat Waterproof Cloak Loose Ladies Waterproof Reusable Rainwear for Adult
- Z&X Fascinator Pillbox Hat Feather Satin Hair Clip for Cocktail Tea Party
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.