Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
American Flag Dark Grey Funky Junque Womens Baseball Cap Distressed Vintage Unconstructed Embroidered Dad Hat
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 14K Yellow gold Celestial Moon and Smilling Sun Pendant Necklace, 18
- Ranphee Black Maxi Skirts for Women Vintage Summer High Waisted Aline Long Flowy Skirt
- Shameless Women's Shift Dress Black and White Contrast
- T Tahari Womens Amanda Dress Dress
- Victoria Fajas Colombianas Reductoras Moldeadoras, Women's Post Surgery Short Body Shaper 2310
- Women Spring Autumn Clothing Solid color Lady Long Over The Knee Windbreak Double Breasted Slim Trench Coat
- Zhdyhgsd Women's Solid color Wool Blend Winter Warm Long Swing Windbreaker Jacket Pea Coat Coat
- Alfani 3 4 Sleeve Embellished Ombre Bubble Women's Blouse
- BCBGeneration Women's Shirred Sleeve Bomber Jacket
- bluee Women Beach Dress Womens Off The Shoulder Ruffle Party Dresses Floral Printed Beach Maxi Dresses Sundress Summer Holiday Bohemian Dress Summer Dresses (color bluee, Size M)
- Chloe Isadora Round Sunglasses in gold Khaki CE122 S 750 59 59 Green Gradient
- Desigual Womens Sweater Carcassone Cardigan Sweater
- Fanciest Women's One Shoulder bluee Bridesmaid Dresses Short Prom Homecoming Gowns
- Goddessbluee INC Womens DoubleBreasted Pea Coat
- INC International Concepts I.N.C. Curvy PullOn StraightLeg Pants
- Kelaixiang Mother of The Bride Dresses for Wedding Sheath Knee Length Lace Coat
- LJHA Scarf Thicker Ladies Scarves Shawl Warm Autumn and Winter Scarves Collar 3 colors Available 200 70cm (color A)
- MAISON MARGIELA Women's Beige Short Sleeve Knitted Top
- NANAVA Women's Solid Soft Long Line Long Sleeve Side Slits Open Cardigan
- Papaya Red Nicole Miller Womens Stretchy Tech Ruffle Dress Cocktail Dress
- Rag & Bone Lucine Navy Green colorblock Dress XS
- SecretCastle Women's Strapless Short Homecoming Dresses with V Neck
- OOFAY Nightdress Long Sleeve Boat Neck Wrap Hot Chest Hollows Out The Pajamas Mini Lingerie
- Akery Women's Flower Print Round Neck Flare Sleeves Dress
- Stella & Jamie Women's Gwenyth Midi Skirt
- TwinSet Women's TS827D00006O Black Viscose Dress
- White Monrow Womens Narrow 2x1 Rib Tank Tank Top Cami Shirt
- Xswsy XGCA Womens Winter Thicken FrontZip with Hood Mid Long Down Vest Jackets
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.