Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Always on Vacay Bundle Black & White Funky Junque Women's Bold Cursive Embroidered Adjustable Beach Floppy Sun Hat
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 1239_dark bluee Demetory Women's Floral Print Sleeveless Scoop Neck Tunic Dress with Pocket
- RALPH LAUREN Women's Jeweled Tassel Necklace
- Sexy Red Men and Women Wet Look DS Open Eye Stage Catsuit Clothing Prisoner Patent Leather Jumpsuits Leggings Nightclub
- Sympli Women's Go to Tank TunicBlack
- VETIOR Women's Elastic High Waist Aline Flared Maxi Skirt(XLarge,Black)
- Women 's Heavy Embroidery PU Leather Thicker Coat
- ZENWEN Women's Fashion Temperament Sexy Women's VNeck Waist Slim Irregular LongSleeved Dress
- Agua Bendita Ginger Palette Lolita Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 14K Yellowgold 14K Jumping Dolphin Leverback Earrings
- BOSTANTEN Women's RFID Blocking Genuine Leather Wallet with Zipper Pocket Taro Purple
- CCBubble Long Prom Dresses 2018 V Neck Prom Evening Formal Party Dress
- DATAIYANG 2019 Women White Dress Full Sleeve Boho Lace Pattern Hollow Out VNeck Lady MiniDress
- Epinkbridal Sweetheart Tulle Short Prom Dress Lace Bodice Homecoming Gowns with Beaded
- Gots Drakon Many Styles of Crossfit Leggings Women Colombian Yoga Pants Compression Tights
- Indian Handicrfats Export Women Rajasthani Red Cotton Long Skirt (Red)(SMSKT518)
- Khaki Green Fantasylinen Handcrafted Canvas and Leather Casual Tote Bag Shopper Bag Handbag
- London Times Womens Plus Size Short Sleeve Faux Wrap Midi Dress Dress
- Mafulus Womens Leopard Dresses Casual V Neck Long Sleeve Empire Waist Wrap Midi Dress
- MyBatua Women's Islamic Clothing Stylish Graceful Abaya in White & Grey
- PAIGE Womens Verdugo Crop W Angled Zip + Raw Hem Pants
- Race Face Women's Khyber Shorts
- SCRT Sports Suit Spring and Autumn Outdoor Exercise Fitness Sportswear ThreePiece Fashion Breathable Yoga Clothes (color Purple, Size L)
- 10K White gold Diamond Accent ThreeStone Engagement Ring set with 2.51 Ct bluee Simulated Sapphire Sky bluee Aquamarine
- ANALILI Women's 3 4 Sleeve Cowl Neck Dress 1074W31 XSmall Neon bluee
- Surnoy Ladies Wallet, Long Leather, Covered Handbag, Seventy Percent Off Embroidered Wallet, Black, Pink,Pink
- VANKINE Luau Super Soft Lightweight Blanket Hawaiian Hibiscus Florets Bouquet Summer Petals Exotic Beauty Wildflowers Print Oversized Travel Fashion Cover Blanket orange White
- Women Backpack Fashion Rucksack PU Leather Women Ladies Backpack Travel bag Mini Backpack Wallet
- YSMei Women's Long Sleeve Lace Bodice Aline Tulle Formal Wedding Dress ON061
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.