Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 10kt Twotone gold Womens Round Diamond Angel Circle Pendant 1 10 Cttw
- Ralph by Ralph Lauren Women's 0rl8168 NonPolarized Iridium Rectangular Sunglasses opal taupe 55.0 mm
- SeSe Code Women's Scoop Neck Floral Printed Casual Sleeveless Flowy Dress
- Swimsuit, Conjoined Belly Slim Sexy Small Chest Conservative Large Size Hot Spring Bathing Suit (color Black, Size L)
- VersaBra Congreenible Multiway Strapless Bra (32A 42DD)
- Women Loose Long Sleeves Round Neck Shirt One Size
- Zeagoo Women's Bohemian Long Sleeve Button Print Casual Long Maxi Dress
- Agua Bendita Ginger Matilda Top
- Beautiful White gold 14K 14k White gold Diamondcut Filigree Dangle Earrings
- Bonnie clothing Womens's Long Lace Elegant Formal Evening Dresses
- Classyak Women's Western Suede Leather Vest
- Dina Lock & Key Concealed Gun Carry, LARGE Satchel w Holster + Wallet Taupe
- Faux Fur，Mens Winter Warm Thick Coat Overout Jacket Faux Fur Parka Outwear Cardigan
- Generic Womens Notched Lapel Double Breasted Trench Coat Overcoat
- Hugme Cotton White Puff Short Sleeves Lolita Blouse and Checker
- KaBuNi Women's Long Halter Beading Satin Prom Pageant Dresses Two Pieces
- Liliam Women Vintage Ethnic African Floral Print VNeck Pleated ALine Cocktail Party Dress
- Maggy London Womens Standard pink Garden Lace Cocktail Sheath
- N Natori Womens Cloud5252 Pajama Top
- Pajamas girl pure cotton simple striped two pieces set home clothing ( color Multicolord , Size M )
- Rachel Rachel Roy Women's Plus Size Cold Shoulder Smocked Top,
- SDRESS Women's Sweetheart Laceup Short Ball Gown Cocktail Homecoming Dress
- Joseph Ribkoff Women's Dress Style 192629
- Aidan Mattox Aidan Womens Blouson Lace Skirt Cocktail Dress
- Standards & Practices Modern Women's Black Lace Scallop Edge Pencil Skirt
- Turquoise Ri Yun Women's Long Sleeves Lace Prom Dresses Mermaid Formal Evening Ball Gowns 2019
- White Farmerl Women High Waist Pleated Ankle Length Beach Wedding Party Maxi Skirt
- XQS Womens Formal Office Business Blazer and Skirt Suit Set
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.