Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 100% Cotton Simple Loungwear for Women,Autumn Winter Long Sleeve Pure color Pajamas for Ladies Girls Home Nightwear,Female Gift,bluee
- Raincoats Ladies Fashion Set Raincoat 3m Reflective Strips Split Design Back Breathing Holes Moisture Breathing Highlight Reflecting Mountaineering Rock Climbing (Size XXLarge)
- SELXWomen Embroidery Rivet Zip Front Faux Leather Motocycle Biker Jacket
- Swiland Womens High Waisted Swimsuits Flounce Top Bathing Suits Swimwear
- Venena Womens Sexy Open Back Tank Tops Halter Round Neck Loose Fit Sleeveless Strappy Tanks Camis
- Women Lady Girl Spring and Summer Silk Silk European and American Big Square Scarf Classic Chain Silk Scarf Party Lightweight Scarf (color Yellow)
- Zahra's Houte Couture Women's Diamond Droplet
- Alternative Womens Washed Slub Le Cote Pocket Dress Dress
- BayPe Long Down Coat for Women Lightweight Feathers Windbreaker Warm Parka
- bluee Island Bali Straw Market Tote w Oversized Tassels, Natural
- CHARLES RICHARDS CR Women's Black V Neck Wrap Front Asymmetric Cotton Bodycon Mini Dress
- Design3 Handbag Sexy Little Leopard Print Genuine Leather Tote Rivet Bag Shoulder Strap Top Handle Women
- Eyeglasses Augusto Valentini 70176 col.2692 Size 5316130
- Gocgt Women's Down Jackets Thicken Winter Hoodie Long Overcoat Coat Parka
- In The Long Sweater Loose Sweater Shawl Fringed Cloak Cloak Female Female Coat Suits (80170 kg),(80170 Jin can wear ),bluee
- Keepsake The Label Womens Unbroken Sleeveless Hanky Hem Illusion Midi Dress Dress
- Liyuke Women's One Shoulder Lace Prom Dresses Long Sleeveless Appliqued Evening Dress
- Maaji Womens Leste Wind Sports Bra Sports Bra
- Munvot Women Running Workout Tights Yoga Shorts with Pockets
- Owl Nawoshow Women Cute Small Wallet Cherry Pattern Coin Purse Card Holder Clutch Bag
- QY Bride Wedding Party Dresses Camo Quinceanera Prom Ball Gown Long
- Scarf Silk Scarf Spring Summer And Autumn Satin Silk Print Long Scarf European And American Style, Fashion Scarves
- 53 bluee Beige Timeson Women's Long Sleeve TShirt V Neck Plaid Lightweight Thin Tunics with Pocket
- Alfred Dunner Womens Woven Congreenible Sleeve Blouse Blouse
- Style1yellow ANGELA Women's Ball Gown Organza Quinceanera Dresses Prom Gowns
- Umbro Women's 19ETPU0113C45 Black Cotton TShirt
- WHZZ Women's Short Homecoming Dresses HiLo Bridesmaid Prom Party Formal Dresses WHZZ284
- Yellow SOLY HUX Women Sexy Triangle Two Pieces Strappy Side Swimsuit Bikini Set
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.