Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
AllAboutUs Apricot Turtleneck Cold Shoulder Slit Winter Party Dress High Waist Sexy Dress Elegant Maxi Dresses
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings D2XW4Z Magic Skeleton Key
- Rag and Bone Women's Theo Long Sleeve Top White
- SED ScarfFemale AllMatch Tzitzis Striped Scarf Thick Warm Shawl Round Imitation Cashmere Scarf Female Autumn and Winter Korean Students Knitted Shawl Long
- SweatyRocks Women's Lace Up Long Sleeve Ribbed Bodysuit Romper Black
- Velvet Kitten Deep Desires Sexy Cami and Boyshort Panty Lingerie Set 3210
- Women genuine Leather jacket Short Slim Coat KLW063
- YXP Women's Waterproof Ski Jacket Double Layer Fleece Jacket Lily orange
- Aisunne Geometric Shard Lattice Luminous Handbags Women Tote Bag Ecofriendly Leather Purses and Messenger Bags
- Balance Women's Petal Performance Shorts
- BLENCOT Women's Long Sleeve color Block Elbow Patch Tunics Sweatshirts Tops with Pockets
- CEFULTY Women's Vintage Floral Embroidered Half Sleeve KneeLength Dress (color Black, Size 2XL)
- Deargirl Sexy Half Sleeve Skirt Patchwork Bodycon Dress
- Eseres Women Active Leggings Sexy Fitness Pants Star Print Woman Slim Sporting Workout Wear
- Fuchsia Baixia Womens Tulle Lace Embroidery Prom Wedding Party Fromal Dresses
- Hiuwa Womens Flora Print Vintage Long Line Dress Lace up Waist Ruffle VNeck
- JQLD Women's Sexy Applique Sweetheart Ball Gown Wedding Dresses for Brides 2019 White Long Bridal Dress
- Leveret Women's Fitted Striped Pajama 100% Cotton (XSXL) (Large, Purple & Denim)
- Mario Serrani Ladies' Jacquard Pant. color Wine Black. Size 10x30.
- Navy Formal Dress Shops Inc FDS1610 Prom Flowy Designer Formal Dress
- Pearl Izumi Women's Divide Shorts
- Red alilith.Z Sexy Lace Mermaid Prom Dresses Long 3 4 Sleeves Puffy Tulle Wedding Dresses Formal Evening Ball Gowns for Women
- Shirt AllAboutUs Polka Dot Shirt Dress Long Sleeve See Through Vogue Turn Down Collar Feather Tassel Elegant Women Vestidos
- Moncler Women's 8386061V8003001 White Cotton Polo Shirt
- Aivory Kaitaijidian Kai Women's Straps Camouflage Wedding Dresses for Bride Long Camo Bridal Gowns Plus Size
- Staypretty Prom Dresses Cap Sleeve Satin Aline Long Formal Women Evening Party Gowns
- Twenty Easy By Kaos Women's HP1MA042BLACK Black Viscose Bodysuit
- White Laurel Snow Women's Satin Floral Kimono Robe Short Bridesmaid Bathrobe for Wedding Party
- XSWPL Women's Prom Dresses Lace and Tulle VNeck Mermaid Evening Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.