Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Jovonna London Women's 341BENCHLEYblueE bluee Cotton Dress
- Purple Lotus Skyward Columbia Womens Arcadia II Jacket
- SABARRY Women Coat Casual Lapel Fleece Fuzzy Faux Shearling Zipper Outwear Jackets
- Stormtech Women's Octane Lightweight Shell NW1W
- TYR Womens Mantra Della Boyshorts
- White Trendy USA 174 Women's TShirt Winter is Coming Stark Quote Wolf
- YANXH Winter The New Down Jacket Female In The Long Section Thicker Cotton Clothing Coat
- Alilith.Z Sexy V Neck Lace Wedding Dresses for Bride 2018 Elegant Long Mermaid Bridal Wedding Gowns with Sleeves
- BC BARE COTTON Thigh Length Waffle Kimono Robe One Size Aqua
- bluee Pinyu Womens Summer Casual Sleeveless Mini Solid Vest Dresses
- CARRY Dress, European and American Summer Big Swing Cocktail Women's Cotton Printed Ruffled Large Size Dress (Size 2XL)
- Dark FeelinGirl Women's B Cup Beauty Floar Lace Bustier Party Crop Top Bra
- Emporio Armani Curved Cateye Sunglasses in Black EA4025 501711 55 55 Gradient Grey
- gold and Watches Sterling Silver CZ Star Ring
- INC International Concepts Quilted Puffer Jacket with Detachable Faux Fur Collar, Red, M
- KELUOZE Womens 100% UV Predection Sunglasses Cat Eye Sunglasses Aviator Wayfarer Sunglasses
- LKCENCA Womens Outerwear Winter Faux Suede FleeceLined Shearling Long Coat
- Maweisong Women Puffer Thicken Fur Trim Hooded Winter Down Parka Jackets
- NEOSAN Women's Men Thick Winter Knitted Infinity Circle Loop Scarf
- Photo Colo Ladies Dress Fashion Summer Female Lace Heavy Embroidered VNeck Waist A Set of Fairy Temperament Long Dress Summer Sexy Dress (color Photo Colo, Size S)
- Red PJ Harlow Womens Frankie Jolie Capri Pajama Set
- Silk Wool Scarf, Ladies Spring and Autumn New air Conditioning Shawl Dualuse, Ladies Silk Scarf with Beads bib (color 7)
- 180 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots E3BK2 Sagittarius
- Angiola Made in Women Thick Pied De Poule Wool Scarf Wrap Shawl Stole Warm Soft Comfy
- Swimsuit Female Big Breasts Gathered Sexy Sports Bikini Split Swimsuit (color bluee) (color bluee, Size S)
- VERO MODA Womens Adelina Serena 3 4 Trench Jacket Trenchcoat
- Women Leather Moto Jacket Cycle Bomber Biker Outwear KLW135
- Zattcas Womens Cowl Neck Tunic Sweatshirts Kangaroo Pocket Tops Long Sleeve Shirt
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.