Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- ‘ale by alessandra Womens Cody Crochet Raffia Sunhat; Packable, Adjustable & UPF Rated Sun Hat
- R&M Richards Womens Lace Gown with Belt Dress
- Scarisee Womens Long Sleeves Beaded High Low Evening Prom Party Dresses LaceSA91
- Sunglasses Cat Eye Mirrored Polarized Eye Glasses Fashion Metal Frame Goggles UV400
- Utopia Multi Gottex Womens Draped Panel Thin Strap Surplice One Piece Swimsuit One Piece Swimsuit
- Winter Waterproof Cold Weather Warm Coat Female Plus Velvet Jacket Windproof Camping Hiking Coat with Hood Removable Hood, Unisex, M3XL,Osered,XXXL
- Yoga Pilates Pants Yoga Pants Trousers Leggings Tight Nine Points Net Yarn Five Hollow Outdoor Sports Trousers Leggings (Size L)
- Amsterdam Heritage Women's 20005 Grey LG (95 cm)
- Baseby Women TurnDown Collar Double Breasted Tops Outwear Belted Overcoat
- bluee Flextiicinax Vintage Plus Size Lace Cocktail Party Dress With Hollow Out Womens
- CEFULTY Women's Off Shoulder Ruffle Sleeve Bodycon Mermaid Dress (color bluee, Size L)
- Dear Drew by Drew Barrymore Womens Elizabeth St Short Sleeve Pleated Dress Dress
- Esenchel Women's Short Sleeve Dolman Top Scoop Neck Drape Shirt (XLarge, Black)
- FWVR Women's Off Shoulder Short Bridesmaid Dresses Tulle Prom Homecoming Dresses Ball Gown
- HongTeng Polarized Sunglasses Women's Retro Wild Harajuku Wind Driving Travel Sunscreen UV Glasses (color Brown)
- JUMP Womens Short Stretch Lace Dress with Scallop Trim Dress
- Light bluee ASBridal Evening Dress Mermaid Prom Party Dress with Crystals Beading Long Satin Formal Evening Gown Backless
- Maya Brooke Womens Lace Zipper Front Jacket Dress Plus Dress
- New Swimwear Female Conservative Skirt Split TwoPiece Slimming swimsuit Beach Swimwear
- Pink Fashion Short Dress Women's Spring and Autumn New Coat Lapel Pink Black Jacket SEDD
- Red XKYU Women's Lace Appliques A Line Prom Evening Dresses Formal Wedding Party Gowns
- Simone Perele Women's Andora 3D MoldedCup Bra
- Paige Women's Jean Margot Crop Lana HIGH Waist Skinny Jeans 2940521 6191 bluee
- Akmipoem Women& 39;s Tracksuit Casual 2 Piece Outfit Striped Long Sleeve Sweatshirt and Pants Set
- Stella McCartney Womens Stars Light Wash Denim Shorts
- Two 12 Fashion Women's Vegan Horsehair Belt with Bee Buckle
- White Nanette Lepore Womens Fiesta Cover Tunic Coverup Swimwear CoverUp
- XTX Women Rivet Coat Stylish Short Zipper Faux Leather Moto Jacket
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.