Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Akmipoem Women Tracksuit Letter Print Two Piece Outfit Hooded Sweatshirt and Skinny Long Pants Set Sweatsuit
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Yoome Cute Cartoon Hot Air Balloon Ladies Handbag Cloud Decoration Emroidery
- QT Intimates Shaping Brief Brief
- Sasonfixia Bell Sleeve Off Shoulder Tube Top Elastic Hem Women's Crop Tops
- Summer striped women's shortsleeved pajamas home service suit ( color Pink , Size XL )
- Unomatch Women Retro Embossed Flowers Long Sleeves Tight Dress Navy
- Wink Gal Women's Triangle Wireless Bra Removable Padded Cotton Bralette Small Black
- YIRENWANSHA Fashion V Neck Satin Evening Dress A Line Long Bead Formal Prom Party GownSHEV86
- African Planet Women's Swahili Inspired Green Geometric Print ALine Skirt Set
- Bbalizko Womens 3 4 Sleeve Tunic Dresses Swing Loose Plain Midi Dress with Pocket
- bluee orange Abstract Printed Thick Silk Square Scarf
- Champion Women's Absolute Workout Pant Petite Length
- Derminpro Women Casual Floral Dress Long Sleeve with Two Side Pockets
- Everly Grey Women's Maternity Sicily Long Sleeve Faux Wrap Maternity & Nursing Dress
- Gottex One Piece Swimsuit Slimming Tummy Control Ruched Draped Tank Style Maillot Navy bluee 16
- Indian Handicrfats Export Women's Double Layer Long Brocade Skirt (SKT1412_Pink_Freesize)
- Khaki Keaac Women Lightweight DoubleBreasted Trench Outwear Coat
- London Times Womens PlusSize Plus Size Sleeveless Round Neck Cotton Shift Dress
- Marmot Women's PreCip Jacket Waterproof,Seam Taped, Breathable, Lightweight
- Navy Multi Lucky Brand Womens Standard Printed Bell Sleeve Top
- PearShaped Opal Solitaire Drop Earrings (6x4mm Opal)
- Red Caissen Women's Short Ball Gown Illusion Scoop Neck Beading Rhinestones Tulle Prom Dress V Back with Zipper Party Wear
- Short sleeve thin section sexy sling pajamas silk dressing robe suit ( color Red , Size L )
- 160 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots P7GV0 Crown Fork
- Angerella Women's Retro Vintage One Piece Swimsuit High Neck Bathing Suit Monokini
- Sweetnight Plus Size XL_4XL Short Sleeve V Neck Pleated Waist Solid TShirt Tops
- Velvet Womens Vintage Stripe Longsleeve Tee TShirt
- Women Ladies Silk Scarf Flower Embroidery Hangzhou Fashion Long Lightweight Sunscreen Shawl Thin Section Female Scarves (color Brown)
- Zafy Leather Women's Leather Jackets Black I73_
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.