Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 220 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots X6PD4 Fivepointed Star
- Red RABILTY Women's Off The Shoulder Medium Maix Evening Dress Bridesmaid Gown Prom Dress (color Black, Size L)
- Silver Aiyue Yishen Satin 2 Pieces Beading Sequins Formal Floor Length Evening Party Dress
- Taylor Womens Embellished ALine Dress
- Tipi Toe Women's Fashion Wool Blend Super Soft Ribbed Winter Boot Socks
- Volcom Junior's Cowl Me Boxy Boy Tee
- Women's Soft Ladies Real Leather Stylish Fitted Biker Jacket W107
- Agua Bendita Clementine Lara One Piece
- BCBGeneration Women's Shirred Sleeve Bomber Jacket
- bluee Women Beach Dress Womens Off The Shoulder Ruffle Party Dresses Floral Printed Beach Maxi Dresses Sundress Summer Holiday Bohemian Dress Summer Dresses (color bluee, Size M)
- Ccassie Women's Summer Sea Beach Straw Little Handbag Woven Shoulder Bag Tote Bech Bag
- Dasior Women's ALine Asymmetric High Low Summer Beach Holiday Party Dress
- Epinkbridal Princess Sweetheart Ball Gown Wedding Dresses for Bride 2018 Pleated Tulle Formal Gowns
- gold Saalising Women's Classic Square Polarized Sunglasses, UV400 Predection (color Black Grey)
- INC Womens Paisley Midi Shift Dress
- Kenneth Cole Womens Solid Brief 2 Piece Tankini
- Lnxianee Women's Beaded VNeck Prom Dresses Long Formal Evening Gowns
- Maaji Womens All Aboard Athleisure Reversible Sweatshirt Hoody
- Multicolour (Pink Multi) Guess Women’s Kamryn Slg Large Zip Around Wallet
- Oval Checkerboard Purple Amethyst 18K Yellow gold Plated Silver Pendant 1.24 Cttw With 18 Inch Chain
- QY Bride Mermaid Bridal Reception Prom Dresses Mother Gown with Lace Cape
- Scarf Female Spring and Autumn Large Long Section Thick Imitation Cashmere air Conditioning Shawl Dual Wild Cape Rectangular 190cm 65cm,Black Women, Festivals, Birthday Presents
- 031burgundy FAIRY COUPLE Short Vintage Floral Juniors Lace Dress with Long Sleeve for Party Wedding Cocktail
- Alisha.D Women's Cut Out Shoulder Tunic with Mesh Sleeve Panel and High Low Hem
- Sulidi Women's Off The Shoulder Side Split Prom Dresses Long Evening Dress Formal Gown 2019 C174
- Uniq Sense 1920s Vintage Inspired Flapper Dress Sequin Embellished Fringe Cap Sleeve Long Great Gatsby Dress
- Wine Red DFLJ New Vintage Pure Leather Round Buckle Leather Women's Thin Belt Wine Red
- Yilian 2018 VNeck Wedding Dresses Bride 2018 Lace Appliques Backless Vintage Wedding Gowns
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.