Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 20KyleBird Tulle Beaded Appliques Homecoming Dresses Mini Length Sequins Sleeveless Cocktail Prom Party Gowns KB082
- Red Loyasun Corset Lingerie Hourglass Corset with Steel Bonings & Vintage Buttons & Chains Steampunk Corset
- Silicone Breast Prosthesis Fake Chest Full Boob Touch Feeling Like Real Human Breasts 1 Pair 1200g Breast,DarkSkinSelfSticking2XL2.6Lb Pair
- Tavin Turkish Red Black Multi Crew Neck Unlined Modesty Dresses
- Ti2 Titanium Womens Woodland Triple Butterfly Stem Pendant Green
- VOA bluee Silk Soft Elastic Waist Sleeveless high Waist swallowtailed Dress
- Womens Short Sleeve Dress Women's Off The Shoulder One Sleeve Side Slit Asymmetric Wedding Party Prom Dress (color Black, Size L)
- Alfani Women's Ponte Skinny Pants
- BCBG Max Azria Womens Lace Drapey Cocktail Dress
- bluee Promworld Women's Off The Shoulder Evening Dress with Sleeves Lace Mermaid Prom Formal Dresses
- CL Bridal Women's Lace Appliques Backless Mermaid Long Train Formal Prom Dress
- Dickies Womens Tactical Polo Shirt
- Fashion Swimsuits for Women Ruffled Low Cut with Strings and Ties Decorations Printed Patterns High Waist TwoPieces Sexy Bikini
- G(2pairs) Winter Men's Ski Socks Warm Trend Outdoor Moisture Wicking Sports Socks, Hiking Socks Men and Women QuickDrying Socks (color D(5pairs), Size Men 3945)
- Hoohu Womens Girls Hot Boho Floral Printed Pleated Hem Above Knee Mini Skirt for Casual Club Beach Cocktail
- JUN Silk Silk Scarves Print Embroidery Embroidery Shawls Dual use Summer Scarf Wild Long Beach Towel (Length 180 60cm, Packing of 1) (color D)
- Light bluee Logotastic UnisexAdult Rmk Port & Company Core Blend Tee Aquatic bluee (CASE Pack of 72)
- Maggy London Womens Petit Sprig Printed Eyelet Fit and Flare Dress
- Mystery bluee Adidas by Stella McCartney Women's P Ess Leggings
- Pajama Sets Pajamas Women's Spring and Autumn Long Sleeve Cotton Fresh Home Service Round Collar Set (Size XL)
- Rachel Rachel Roy Women's Cold Shoulder Printed Ruffle Sleeve Midi
- SDRESS Women's High Neck Applique Formal Dress Mermaid Prom Dress Evening Gowns with Train
- Silicone Breasts Enhancers AntiBacterial, AntiStatic,Suitable for Crossdressers Men Women Cosplay Prosthesis Fake Boobs
- Alex Evenings Womens Plus Size Midi Length Jacket Dress Special Occasion Dress
- Stoles Scarf Shawl Shawl Spring and Autumn and Winter Fashion Warm Long Section Thick Scarf Ladies Travel Shawl (color Yellow, Size 245 110cm)
- TymhgtCA Womens Warm Faux Suede Double Breasted MidLength Parka Outwear Jacket
- White Soft Elegant Pashmina Shawl and Wrap Large Scarf for Women
- Yang Women Sheer Neck Pearls Vestido de 15 Ball Gowns Quinceanera Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.