Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2.60 Ct Oval Brown Smoky Quartz G H Diamond 14K White gold Earrings
- Red CYSTYLE Women's Elastic Waist Capri Harem Summer Pants Pockets
- Show Catwalk 35Cm Wind Brim Leisure Beach Lady Cap Women Holiday Sun Hat
- Tankoo Women's Plus Size Lingerie Sets with Teddy Lingerie,Handcuffs,GString S6XL
- Vince Camuto womens Classic Blanket Toggle Ruana Fashion Scarf
- Women's Black Zipper Front Dress Large Size Nightclub Style Leather Section high Collar Sleeveless Dress bar Party Leather Game Uniform
- ZSIIBO Women Sleeveless Club Dress, Bodycon Dress for Party, Sexy Casual Tank Top Dress for Girls, Black151
- Alion Women's Winter Warm Fur Hood Parka Down Coat Overcoat Long Outwear Jacket
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver Rhodium Amethyst & Peridot Diam. Ring
- Bollywood Festival Collection Anarkali Salwar Kameez Suit Ceremony Punjabi Muslin Eid 562 11
- Chala Hobo Crossbody Large Tote Bag DOG Pleather Brown Congreenible
- Deep Pink Uther Short Homecoming Dresses Lace Appliques 2018 Prom Wedding Party Dress V Neck
- ETNODIM Woman Embroidered Ukrainian Ethnic Dress Vyshyvanka 3 4 Sleeve Linen Dress bluee Peach
- gold BLB JDDR Hat, High Quality Retro Lolita Women Men Steampunk Bowler Hat Glasses Topper Top Hats Fedora Billycock Groom Hat
- INC Womens Bell Sleeve Knit Blouse
- Kenneth Cole New York Women's Ikat Tribal Plunge One Piece Swimsuit
- LL Bridal Women's Mermaid Prom Dresses Long 2018 One Shoulder Formal Evening Gowns LLP076
- Mauwey Women's Princess Crystal Beaded Sweet 16 Evening Party Prom Ball Gown Quinceanera Dresses
- Neon Buddha Women's Chloe Tunic
- PGA TOUR Womens Active 16 Skorts with Contour Waist Skort
- Red MJC Women's Christmas Pajama Set Grinch, Elf, Frosty, Rudolph Union Suit with Silky Santa Hat
- Silk Ms Pajamas Summer Silk Sexy Short Sleeve Nightdress Female Summer Home Service Female, Purple,XL
- Panhandle Country Nights Embroidered Top
- Akmipoem Women's Tracksuit Casual 2 Piece Outfit Striped Long Sleeve Sweatshirt and Pants Set
- STELLACOUTURE Ethnic wear Embroidered Indian Party wear Palazzo Salwar Kameez for Women
- Two by Vince Camuto Womens Cuffed Straight Leg Jeans with Red Piping in Spectrum bluee
- White New Way 193 Women's Long Sleeve TShirt Marilyn Monroe Bulls 23 Jordan Jersey
- Xu039purple Sarahbridal Women's Mermaid Evening Ball Dress 2019 Formal Long Prom Gowns
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.