Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2 Pair03 Jiuhexu 5 Pairs Women Winter Warm Crochet Knitted Boot Cuff Socks Short Leg Warmers
- Red APXPF Womens Organza Ruffle Quinceanera Dresses For Sweet 16 Crystals Prom Ball
- SHOOYING Women's 2 Pieces Floral Print High Waist Strappy Bikini
- Tail Womens Textured Knit Skort
- Vimans Women's Long Red Scoop Lace Mermaid Prom Party Gowns Detachable Train
- Women's Bag Plaid Long Wallet, Simple Versatile Purse Mobile Phone Bag Female Clutch Bag, A Gift for The Party Dinner (color Black, Size 19cm3cm9cm)
- ZOCAI Nylon Fabric Unisex Barrel Backpack Casual Day Backpack K15657
- Ali & Jay Womens Button Front Bow Tie Detail Sleeveless Aline Midi Dress Casual Dress
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterlingsilver SS White Ice Satin & Polished .03ct Diamond Earrings
- bluee Hellmei Maternity Nursing Round Neck 3 4 Sleeve Nightgowns for Women Dress
- CG Chris Gelinas CG Women's 2 Piece Off Shoulder Lace Appliques Fishtail Long Evening Formal Maxi Dress J0129
- Decoraapparel African Wax Skirts Long Maxi Ankara High Waist Skirts Black White Print One Size
- Eliacher Backless Dress Women's Spaghetti Strap Sexy Clubwear Bodycon Mini Dress
- Gersymi Women's Floral Print Tunic Maxi Dresses with Sleeves Casual Loose Plain Swing Long Party Maxi Dress Pockets Navy bluee
- Hwear Anna Torv Fringe Black Faux Leather Jacket
- JoyVany Lace Formal Bridesmaid Dress Vestido 2016 A Line Long Dress with Bow
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.