Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Jovonna London Women's 341BENCHLEYblueE bluee Cotton Dress
- Purple Lotus Skyward Columbia Womens Arcadia II Jacket
- SABARRY Women Coat Casual Lapel Fleece Fuzzy Faux Shearling Zipper Outwear Jackets
- Stormtech Women's Octane Lightweight Shell NW1W
- TYR Womens Mantra Della Boyshorts
- White Trendy USA 174 Women's TShirt Winter is Coming Stark Quote Wolf
- YANXH Winter The New Down Jacket Female In The Long Section Thicker Cotton Clothing Coat
- AmoonyFashion Women's Zippers Tote Bags Fashion Pu Crossbody Bags,BUTBS182513
- BellyMoms Cecilia Women's Maternity and Nursing Dress
- Black Womens Winter Warm Thicken Long Sleeve Faux Fur Collar Hooded Parka Jacket Coat
- Carrie CH Hoxton Ladies Black Washed Biker Motorcycle Style Soft Real Napa Leather Jacket 2130
- Dark bluee Womens Vintage Asymmetric Neck Lapel Bow Elbow Sleeves Casual Pencil Sheath Dress
- ExOfficio Women's Wanderlux Stripe Short Skirt
- Girls Purse Women's Wallet,Lady Small Purse Lady Leather Multifunctional Card Bag
- ID Ladies Fitted Slightly Shaped Long Sleeve Button Up Oxford Shirt
- Joe's USA Ladies ThreeSeason All Conditions Parka Length Insulated Jackets. Sizes XS4XL
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.