Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Champagne Designer Evening Digital Printed Jacket style Kurti Women Party wear Long Maxi dress 7948 4
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- BB Dakota Womens Genette Drape Front Jacket Jacket
- bluee Life Crystal Pleated Kimono Tie Front Top
- Chouyatou Women's Casual PerfectlyShaping Stretch Denim Bermuda Shorts
- Despi Amazon Rock and ROLL Bikini TOP
- Fannydress High Neck Ball Gowns Sweet 16 Girls Dresses Beading Crystal Sequins Laceup Prom Quinceanera Dress 2019
- Gossard 13009 Women's Glossies Lace Black Bodysuit
- Homdor Beaded High Neck Prom Dresses Long Sweetheart ALine Backless Evening Formal Gown
- JudyBridal Women's Boyfriend Denim Jackets Button Down Jean Coats with Pockets Outerwear
- Liebeskind Berlin Women’s Marla Gromme CrossBody Bag
- Max Studio London Women's 3 4Sleeve Striped Wrap Top
- New Design Wood Sunglasses for Women Men (Lenses color NO.8, Frame color with Bamboo case)
- Paloma Picasso 3753 90 gold and Black Authentic Women Vintage Eyeglasses Frame
- Rachel Roy Womens Pleated ALine Skirt
- Seafolly Womens Mandala D Cup Slide Tri Bikini Top Swimsuit Bikini Top
- Susa Women's Pack of 2 Pantie Girdle with High Waist 5191
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.