Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Women Bra False Silicone Breast with Strap On Silicone Form Artificial Breast Crossdresser Shemale Boobs,Black,L
- QiJunGe Women's 2 Pieces Tulle Formal Party Gowns Halter Long Prom Dress
- Santa Claus Plush cotton shoes leisure shoes Home
- Sultry Red Multi GUESS Women's Long Sleeve Tani Aviator Jacket
- Unique Vintage Womens Somerset Chevron Beaded Flapper Dress Dress
- Wine Red Helan Women's Long Real Raccoon Fur Coat
- Yilian lace Sexy Wedding Dress Simple Bride Elegant Evening Cocktail Bridal Gowns
- Alicebridal Women's 2 Pieces Prom Dress Lace Satin Pageants Party Fromal Long Gonws
- Bailey 44 Womens S S Deneuve Top TShirt
- Blacks9 DOLBERG CREATIONS Sheepskin Leather Jacket Womens
- Catherine CATHERINE MALANDRINO Womens KneeLength Cocktail Dress
- Dark purple Womens Short Mother of the Bride Plus Size Formal Lace Dress with Jacket Dark Purple US28
- Epinmammy Women's Maternity Nursing Pajamas Set Soft Cotton Breastfeeding Top and Pant Sleepwear 2 Pieces
- GianFranco Ferre Eyeglasses Lunettes GFF 50 N 39F 5321135 Made in
- Hyy Scarf Classic Multicolor Solid color DualUse Large Shawl Scarf Female
- Karen Kane Womens Faux Suede SlitHem Pant Pants
- LIMATRY Women Beautiful Beaded Bridal Wedding Dress
- MAXSTUDIO Womens Printed Cold Shoulder Blouse Blouse
- New Launched Eid Hijab Kaftan Collection Indian Gown Anarkali Shalwar Suit Ceremony Muslim 8751
- Pink BKSKK Womens Halter Prom Dresses Sleeveless Beaded Crystal Backless Evening Dress
- Red WeiPoot Women's Shopping PatentLeather Bags Embroidered Fashion
- Silver Umgee Boho Bliss
- 1 WSPLYSPJY Women's Winter Print Shearling Coat Faux Sheepskin Suede Outwear Jacket
- Allora Betsy Red Couture Women's Plus Size Bell Sleeves Loose Fit Tunic Top
- Summer Sun Hat Beach Hat Wedding hat,Bridal Accessories，Women's Fascinators，Hemp Yarn hat, Extended Eaves Beach Shade Sunscreen Hat
- Unomatch Women Sexy Short Body Fit Big VNeck Bodycon Dress Black
- Winkwink dresses dresses Womens V Neck Ruched Floral Print Work Cocktail Party Slim Pencil Faux Wrap Dress
- YIRENWANSHA Line Strapless Tulle Wedding Dresses Long Sleeveless Applique Gown Formal Y035
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.