Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Red Dot Boutique 8028 Plus Size Sexy Feather Mini Skirt Black
- QDCACA Woman Winter Street Cape Cloak Poncho Outwear Trench Coat Overcoat
- Sanctuary Clothing Women's Original Grease Legging
- Style3 bluee COMVIP 6Styles Women's 2pcs Long Sleeve TShirt Blouse Aline Skirt Dress Set
- Umgee USA Women's Plus Size Open Front Velvet Kimono, Black
- Wiipu Miss Universe World America Princess Crystal Headdress Crown(A1703)
- Yellow Unions Women V Neck Long Sleeves Lace Appliques Formal Evening Gown with Pearl
- Alfred Dunner Womens Floral Dot Border Sweater Sweater
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Womens Window Stripe Jacquard Sleeveless Dress Casual Dress
- bluesh Lucky Brand Womens Velvet Top Shirt
- Catkit Vintage Womens Ethnic Style Bucket Tassels Drawstring Tote Handbag Shoulder Bag
- Dark Waves Pattern Women's Fashion Gym shoes Comfortable Mesh Lightweight Basketball Sneakers
- Eric Javits Women's Sun Crest Cream Black, One Size
- golden Yellow Lucky Brand Womens Washed Embriodered Top TShirt
- Inc Womens White Floral Sleeveless V Neck Top US Size L
- Kensie Womens Floral Print Butterfly Sleeves Casual Dress Red S
- Lodis Pismo Pearl Parisa Flap Brief
- Marsen Strapless Satin Formal Dress Long Pleated Backless A Line Prom Ball Gown
- Navy SheIn Women's Loose Round Neck Raglan Long Sleeve Ruffle High Low Hem Smock Top
- Pendleton womens Fringed Scarf Cold Weather Scarf
- Red COCOSHIP Women's Solids Training Sport Bra Padding Bikini Top Double Back Strap Swim Tankinis(FBA)
- ShoSho Solid Leggings Tights Active Yoga Pilates Capri and Long Mesh Panel, CutOut WorkOut w Free Socks
- 103_olive OLLIE ARNES Women's Versatile Utilitarian Warm Anorak Drawstring Parka Jacket
- Amsterdam Heritage Leather Belt 40009 bluesh belt
- Surf Suit Female Zipper LongSleeved Sunscreen QuickDrying Diving Suit was Thin Gathered Jellyfish Clothing OnePiece Swimsuit
- VaniaDress Women Halter Low Back Short Cocktail Party Dress Prom Gowns V200LF
- Woman's Outdoor Hooded Jacket Large Size Ladies' Spring and Autumn SingleLayer Thin Mountaineering Clothes Windproof Waterproof Coat Removable Hood M3XL,pinkred,M
- YSMei Women's 2 Piece Floral Print Prom Homecoming Dress Short Party Gown HC167
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.