Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- ONLYSHE Women's Unique High Low Mermaid Dress Solid color Off Shoulder VNeck Dress Red XLarge
- Purple ZLQQ Woman's Half Sleeves Tulle Short Bridesmaid Dresses Lace Tea Length Evening Gowns
- Sam Edelman Women's Nora Chevron Down Coat with Belt
- Style & Co. Woodland Garden Printed BellSleeve Tunic
- Ulla Popken Women's Plus Size bluee Floral Stretch Leggings 717883
- Whiteshirt Blackpant Gomfe 2019 New Business Set Office Lady 2 Pieces Set Blazer+Pencil Pants Or Skirts Solid color Blouse Formal Suits
- Yellow Hutch Women's Printed Strapless Dress
- After This We're Getting Tacos Cotton Canvas Tote Bag Laptop School Day Trip Bag
- Beautiful Stainless Steel Yellow IPPlated Polished Bracelet
- Bolle Womens white Cap sleeve Top
- Carriemeow Women's Long Sleeve Double Pocket Open Front Knit Cardigan
- Dark Brown Tortoise Small Vintage Style Round Polrized Sunglasses, 53 mm
- Emme Jordan Juniors Short Hoodie Fleece Pajamas
- Fuchsia Ri Yun Women's Sweetheart Mermaid Prom Dresses Long Strapless Beaded Formal Evening Ball Gowns 2019
- Hobie Womens Double Strap Side Tie 2 Piece Bikini
- Jucca Women's J29180141576 Red Cotton TShirt
- LHHJ Coat Polyester Long Sleeve orange Long Ladies Jacket
- Maweisong Women's Fashion African Wax Fabric Classy Fine Cotton Playsuit Jumpsuits
- Neutral Single Serve Ice Cream Women's Novelty Running shoes
- Picture color B Springplus Women's Silk Cheongsam Stand Collar Traditional Dress Qipao for Girls
- Red pujinggeCA Women Warm Slim Stand Neck Down Quilted Lightweight Puffer Coat
- Silva Women's Fit and Flare Dress
- 1.72 Ct Round Purple Amethyst 14K Yellow gold Earrings
- Alo Yoga Womens Hideaway Jacket Warm Up or Track Jacket
- Sun Fun Sunglasses, Set of 6
- UONBOX Women's gold Mesh Maxi Fashion Bodycon Club Party Pants Trousers
- Winme Womens Premium Real Leather Mid Long British Style Overcoat
- YISHANG Women's Cold Shoulder Classy Vintage Rockabilly Swing Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.