Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Catalonia Women's Wide Brim Sun Predection Hats with Flap Neck Cover for Traveling Hiking Safari Boating Driving Gardening
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Cateye Brown Frame Brown Lens Women Fashion Sunglasses Polarized Sunglasses for Women, UV400 Predection Cateye Style Shades, Durable Metal Temple
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Marc Jacobs Marc 357 S Sunglasses Grey w Grey Bronze Mirror Lens & Rubber Temples 56mm KB7JO Marc 357S Marc357S Marc357 s
- Purple SUNGLASSES the New President Polarized Sunglasses Fashion Retro Driving Sunglasses
- Sakure Pink Beautydress Luxury Beaded Lace Up Sweetheart Mermaid Prom Dresses for Women BP116
- Striped Lily Rachel Pally Womens MidLength Caftan DRS Dress
- Udresses Womens Off Shoulder Sequins Satin Mermaid Bridesmaid Dress Wedding Party Gown UX043
- White Wool Blend Coat Women Lapel Long Parka Winter Jacket Cocoon Style Elegant Woolen Coat
- Years Weathered Rosy red AG Adriano goldschmied Womens Nancy Jacket Denim Jacket
- Alviero Martini Charm keyring Letter D Geo Natural
- Baby bluee Acrylic Box Clutch with Mirror
- Black charcoal heather Sam Edelman Womens Moto Legging Yoga Pants
- Central Park West Wynwood Asymmetric Cold Shoulder
- Dearta Women's Square Neck Cap Sleeves Appliques Lace Short Aline Prom Dresses
- Etecredpow Women's Cardigan Hooded Outwear Wool Blend Belted Long Pea Coat
- FUNDAISY Women's Flapper Dresses 1920s Great Gatsby Dress Accessories Set
- Home Service Sexy Red LongSleeved Home Service Lace Embroidered Pajamas Set (color Pink, Size L)
- Juicy Couture Black Label Womens Lace Long Sleeves Party Dress
- LiBridal Women's Lace Off The Shoulder High Low Prom Evening Party Short Sleeves Dress
- Maricopyjam Women's Halter Backless Draped HighLow Party Dress with Ribbon
- Navy bluee MariRobe Women's Beaded Lace Applique Prom Dresses Illusion Back Deep v Neck Long Formal Gowns
- Pauline Plunge Sunshine and black Reversible Swimwear Tie Back Top Bikini
- Reading Glasses Case Foldable Storage Case Matte Leather&Magnet Closure for school,office By Mianzu
- Shark Bite Hem Zippered Jacket Top
- Outdoor Sun Predection Cap, Summer AntiMosquito Fishing Mountaineering Cap, Sun Predection Visor Fisherman hat, one Cap Dualuse Portable Cap (color Red)
- Akitai Young Frida Kahlo Portrait Black & White Canvas Purse Shoulder Tote Bag Women Handbag
- Stella McCartney Womens Fleur Dancing Soft Cup S21281
- Twisted X Boots Women's WDM0029 Driving Moc
- White MoYoTo Women's 0.9″Thin Casual Geniue Leather Jean Belts With Rinestone gold Buckle
- Xtanbvilage Lace Wedding Hat, Victorian Gothic Corset Black And Ivory Lace Wedding Hat
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.