Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
10kt White gold Womens Round bluee color Enhanced Diamond Nautical Flipflop Sandal shoes Pendant 1 20 Cttw
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 10kt Twotone gold Womens Round Diamond Angel Circle Pendant 1 10 Cttw
- Ralph by Ralph Lauren Women's 0rl8168 NonPolarized Iridium Rectangular Sunglasses opal taupe 55.0 mm
- SeSe Code Women's Scoop Neck Floral Printed Casual Sleeveless Flowy Dress
- Swimsuit, Conjoined Belly Slim Sexy Small Chest Conservative Large Size Hot Spring Bathing Suit (color Black, Size L)
- VersaBra Congreenible Multiway Strapless Bra (32A 42DD)
- Women Loose Long Sleeves Round Neck Shirt One Size
- Zeagoo Women's Bohemian Long Sleeve Button Print Casual Long Maxi Dress
- Alex + Abby Women's Finesse Long Sleeve Tee
- Babyonline Sexy Lady Crewneck Lace Long Formal Prom Bridesmaid Dress with Pocket
- Black Jet Heather Icebreaker Stratus X Hooded Jacket, New Zealand Merino Wool, Down Alternative
- Champagne(bridesmaid) FADSHOW Bridal Robes Wedding Dressing Gowns with Rhinestones for Bride and Bridesmaids
- Deployed Camo Hudson Jeans Women's Barbara High Waist Super Skinny Ankle 5 Pocket Jean
- EverBeauty Womens Off Shoulder Vintage Floral Lace Cocktail Party Dress Half Sleeve Swing Dress
- Gianni Versace Eyeglasses Mod. H32 Col. 26M 5317132 Made in
- I Am Women's W6706BORDEAUX Burgundy Viscose Dress
- Karen Kane Womens Juliet Maxi Dress Dress
- Lime Green MorySong Women's Applique Lace Satin Halter Neck Short Homecoming Cocktail Dress
- Marmot Womens Mina Long Sleeve
- Navy Multi Lucky Brand Womens Plaid HiLow ButtonDown Top
- PearShaped Amethyst Solitaire Ring (6x4mm Amethyst)
- RED BULL Women's TIKI004 Sunglasses
- Short Sleeve Female Dress Summer V Neck Casual Party Dresses Female,
- Indian Handicrfats Export Rangriti Women's ALine Kurta (Size S)
- Agua Bendita Womens Tribal Fest Bendito Murci Printed Bodysuit Sexy One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
- Ssjjsacv Unisex Outdoor Sports Stand Collar Full Zip Softshell MicroFleece Jackets
- Turquoise Australian Made sculptured racing fascinator
- White Denim Jacket Women's Slim BF Jacket Sweet Student Long Sleeve Coat (color White, Size M)
- Xpandasox Womens Plus Size lymphedema Cotton Blend Sport Socks White Pink
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.