Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Jovonna London Women's 341BENCHLEYblueE bluee Cotton Dress
- Purple Lotus Skyward Columbia Womens Arcadia II Jacket
- SABARRY Women Coat Casual Lapel Fleece Fuzzy Faux Shearling Zipper Outwear Jackets
- Stormtech Women's Octane Lightweight Shell NW1W
- TYR Womens Mantra Della Boyshorts
- White Trendy USA 174 Women's TShirt Winter is Coming Stark Quote Wolf
- YANXH Winter The New Down Jacket Female In The Long Section Thicker Cotton Clothing Coat
- Alfred Dunner Women's PlusSize Back Elastic Capri
- BB Dakota Womens Bloom with a View Printed CDC Top Blouse
- bluee JQLD Women Strapless Short Homecoming Dresses Ruffles Satin Prom Gown Formal with Pocket
- Champagne MASELEY Women's Floral Satin Kimono Short Style Bridesmaids Robes with Pockets for Wedding Party
- Democracy Womens L S Cable Front Lace Up Twofer Sweater Sweatshirt
- EVALESS Women 2 Pieces Push Up Bikini Floral Print Swimwear Padded High Waist Swimsuits
- gold Frame Heart Shaped Cupid Sunglasses for Women Gradient Lens Eyewear Sunglasses
- INC Womens Cut Out Tunic Sweater Port L
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Strappy Front One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
- LLIND Home MiddleAged and Elderly Women's hat Winter Old Lady Wool hat Old Man hat Female Winter Grandma Mother hat Scarf (color Purple)
- MAISON MARGIELA MM6 100% Silk Multicolor One Shoulder Women's Sarong Dress
- NAN Liang Womens Ladies Pyjama Set Lounge Wear Warm Soft Thermal Soft (color bluee, Size XL)
- Panoply Delta Plus Women's Rain Wet Tuff Foul Weather Hood XXL 2XL Yellow
- Rafaella Womens Women's Misses Poplin Garment Washed Capri Pants
- SecretCastle Women's Lace Casual Dress Suit Work Cloth Summer
- Huayue Yoga Pants Almighty Sports Pants Spry Dry Elasticity Sweat Sports Linear Yoga Fitness Trousers
- Agua Bendita SUNpink Bella TOP
- Square Sunglasses Sunglasses Men's Women's Wild Night Vision colorChanging Glasses
- Turkey Autumn CowCow Womens Thanksgiving Autumn Woodland Animals Leaves Owls Sleeveless Dress, XS5XL
- White CongYunGe Women's Off Shoulder Prom Evening Dress Long Satin Formal Gowns with Slit
- XOXO Womens Asymmetrical Zip Front Vest Leather Jacket
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.