Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Lion head figure
Fits 1.25" wide belt
2" W x 2" L
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Oversized Printed Bikini for Women Personalized Halter Adjustable Straps Swimsuit for Ladies Summer Beach Poolside Party Daily Use,Girls Gift
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- ONLYSHE Women's Unique High Low Mermaid Dress Solid color Off Shoulder VNeck Dress Red XLarge
- Purple ZLQQ Woman's Half Sleeves Tulle Short Bridesmaid Dresses Lace Tea Length Evening Gowns
- Sam Edelman Women's Nora Chevron Down Coat with Belt
- Style & Co. Woodland Garden Printed BellSleeve Tunic
- Ulla Popken Women's Plus Size bluee Floral Stretch Leggings 717883
- Whiteshirt Blackpant Gomfe 2019 New Business Set Office Lady 2 Pieces Set Blazer+Pencil Pants Or Skirts Solid color Blouse Formal Suits
- Yellow Hutch Women's Printed Strapless Dress
- Alfred Dunner Women's Petite Short Denim Jean Pant
- BalaMasa Womens Solid Patent Leather Top Handle Handbag
- blue1 Women's Long Sleeve Corduroy Patchwork Oversize Jacket Windbreaker Coat Fashion Cosy Wild Tight Super Quality bluee Green Pink Yellow for Womens (color Wein, Size Large)
- Cheelot Women's Thickened Plaid Hooded Peacoats Keeping Warm Jacket Coat
- Desigual Women's 19SWTK82blueE bluee Polyester Blouse
- Fajas Salome 0419 Women's Body Panty Shapewear Levanta Cola Powernet Colombianas
- FUZHUANGHM Women Floral Vintage Dress O Neck Sleeveless Belts Line Elegant Stretchy Cotton Dress
- HONGFUYU Empire Open Back Long Bridesmaid Evening Dresses Prom Gowns
- July Denim Jacket Fashion Women Slim Long Sleeves Casual Short Denim Jacket (color bluee, Size M)
- Lifelike Forms Silicone Breast for Crossdressing Transgender Shemale Fake Boobs Enhancement Prostheses Bust Pads,L
- MariRobe Women's Lace Applique Bridesmaid Dress Mermaid Quinceanera Dress Strap Long Evening Dress Engagement Gown
- Navy Helly Hansen Women's Crew Midlayer Fleece Lined Waterproof Windproof Breathable Sailing Rain Coat Jacket with Stowable Hood
- Pearl iZUMi Women's Select Escape Text Jersey
- Red ANFF Women's Tea Length Mother of The Bride Dresses with Jacket for Weddings Evening Party Gowns
- Shocking Pink Trina Turk Womens MultiFunctional Soft Knit Tank Top TShirt
- Paige Denim Womens Verdugo Ankle Skinny Jean Tatiana Tatiana 25, 30
- Akmipoem Women Letter Print 2 Piece Outfits Short Sleeve Tops and Skinny Pants Tracksuits Set
- Stella McCartney Women's New Stella Strapless Bra
- Two 12 Fashion Oval Fannie Pack
- White Multi Lucky Brand Womens Stripe Gauze Shirt Shirt
- XTRENM Women Plaid Topcoat 3 4 Sleeve Printing Comfortable Peacoat
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.