Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2017 High Grade New Scarf Autumn And Winter Printing Warm Shawl Square,5OneSize
- Red He's Mine & She's Mine His and Hers Gifts Couple Hoodies for Couples
- SHUSHI Women Maxi Kaftan Dresses Loose Beach Swim Cover Up Long Floral Caftan
- TaoNice Womens Slim ThighLength Classics Wool Blends Open Front Pea Coat
- Three Dots Womens Tencel Long Sleeve Long Tight Shirt Tunic Shirt
- Vivicoco Womens Long Sleeve Rash Guard Swim Shirts Athletic Sports Top
- Women's Sexy Bikini Set Swimsuit Bikini Halter Hollow Siamese Ladies Spa Beach
- Affliction Montreaux Short Sleeve Fashion Graphic Vneck Tshirt Top for Women
- BCBGeneration Womens Aline Back Yoke Dress Dress
- bluee Ri Yun Women's Elegant Long Sleeves Lace Prom Dresses Mermaid VNeck Beaded Formal Evening Party Gowns
- Classroom Uniforms Womens Juniors Tall Low Rise Pant Pants
- Digital Printed Satin Cotton Anarkali suit Ethnic wear Festive Casual Long dress 7212 2
- Fashions Trendz Indian Women Designer Party wear Cream Saree Sari
- Full Metal Frame colorful Crystal Lady's Baroque Sunglasses UV Predection for Driving Travelling Summer Beach
- Homdor Off The Shoulder Prom Dresses Long ALine Sweetheart Strapless Evening Ball Gown
- JudyBridal Womens Round Neck Denim Jacket Button Down Jean Jacket with Pockets
- Libaosha Lace Appliqued Sexy See Through Side Slit Long Evening Dresses
- Madeleine Jute Yoga bag Khakhi Pattern
- MyBatua Widad bluee Cotton Denim Jilbab Islamic Burqa Maxi AY469
- PAIGE Womens Standard Hoxton Ankle
- RAB Kinetic Plus Jacket Women's
- Scott Trail MTN Stretch Shorts Women's bluee Nights, XS
- 01dark Green I2crazy Women's Long Sleeve Casual Loose Stylish Comfortable TShirt Dress
- Alion Women's Elegant Hooded Puffer Jacket Large Faux Fur Collar Waterproof Coat
- Sulidi Women's Beaded A Line Satin Prom Evening Dress with Sash Formal Party Gowns
- Unions Women Ladies Long Formal Evening Gowns Dresses Off The Shoulder Side Split Satin Prom Dress
- Wine Red 100% Acrylic Infinity Lightweight Scarf Wrap Hijabs for Women 30.32x27.56
- YI HENG MEI Women's Muslim Islamic Lace Sleeve Long Maxi Open Front Nida Abaya Cardigan
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.