Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
2 Pairsbrown ElsaYX Women's Classic Pure Nylon Glossy Thigh High Stockings for use with Garter Belt Lingerie
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2 Pair03 Jiuhexu 5 Pairs Women Winter Warm Crochet Knitted Boot Cuff Socks Short Leg Warmers
- Red APXPF Womens Organza Ruffle Quinceanera Dresses For Sweet 16 Crystals Prom Ball
- SHOOYING Women's 2 Pieces Floral Print High Waist Strappy Bikini
- Tail Womens Textured Knit Skort
- Vimans Women's Long Red Scoop Lace Mermaid Prom Party Gowns Detachable Train
- Women's Bag Plaid Long Wallet, Simple Versatile Purse Mobile Phone Bag Female Clutch Bag, A Gift for The Party Dinner (color Black, Size 19cm3cm9cm)
- ZOCAI Nylon Fabric Unisex Barrel Backpack Casual Day Backpack K15657
- AMEA Women's Daily Modern Comtemporary Spring Leather Jacket,Solid Stand Long Sleeve Short Others
- Bar III Womens Knit 2Fer Dress Top Ivory L
- bluee (Navy) VANESSA BRUNO Women's Cabas Moyen+ Tote
- CladiyaDress Women Lace Illusion Long Prom Dress Bridesmaid Gowns C074LF
- DIDIDD Bridal Summer Beach Backless High Waist Wedding Dress
- Fashion Warm Comfortable Hats for Women Gentlemen Cool Fedora Hats Fashion Wide Brim Hats Men Boys Gangster Billycock Sun Hats The British Leisure Cap Summer Caps Boy
- GabrielleAug Women's Vintage Sexy Swimsuit 2PCS Bikini Set Fashion Swimwear(FBA)
- Hot Pink malishow Womens Short Tutu Costume Tulle Skirt Dance Multicolord Party Petticoat
- June's Young Women Hat Summer Sun Hat Sinamay Feather Ribbons Wide Brim
- Light Green Long Scarf Scarf female winter wild knit shawl dualuse thick warm long woolen collar (color Pink) Fashion Scarf
- Mavi Womens Ada Petite High Rise Boyfriend Jeans
- Neon Buddha Womens Mabell Tunic Tunic Shirt
- PHAX White Belle MARE ONE Piece
- Red Multi Lucky Brand Womens Tile Flutter Sleeve Top Shirt
- Silk scarf female silk 2018 new shawl spring and summer travel sunscreen multipurpose wild scarf ( color Pink )
- Wine Red 100% Acrylic Infinity Lightweight Scarf Wrap Hijabs for Women 30.32x27.56
- Alfani Petite Metallic Halter Dress
- Stripe_navy Aibrou Unisex Portable Raincoat Durable EVA Outdoor Rainwear Poncho with Hoods
- Udresses Womens Backless Split Evening Dress Sexy Lace Prom Party Dresses VN82
- White Women's Shirt Jacket, Spring Personality Fashion Solid color SingleBreasted Versatile Bright color Cardigan Cotton Long Sleeve top
- YDTQXG Women's VNeck Applique ALine Lace Bridal Court Train Wedding Dresses
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.