Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Double breasted Cross Zip fastening - Lapel collar Leather
Two Outer Side Pocke.Adjustable Belt strap .
This Leather Jacket is Handmade using full grain Leather
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Marc Jacobs Marc 357 S Sunglasses Grey w Grey Bronze Mirror Lens & Rubber Temples 56mm KB7JO Marc 357S Marc357S Marc357 s
- Purple SUNGLASSES the New President Polarized Sunglasses Fashion Retro Driving Sunglasses
- Sakure Pink Beautydress Luxury Beaded Lace Up Sweetheart Mermaid Prom Dresses for Women BP116
- Striped Lily Rachel Pally Womens MidLength Caftan DRS Dress
- Udresses Womens Off Shoulder Sequins Satin Mermaid Bridesmaid Dress Wedding Party Gown UX043
- White Wool Blend Coat Women Lapel Long Parka Winter Jacket Cocoon Style Elegant Woolen Coat
- Years Weathered Rosy red AG Adriano goldschmied Womens Nancy Jacket Denim Jacket
- Aeropostale Womens Neon Pop Wedge Heels
- Baby'O Women's Retro Pleated Ultrasoft Plush Stretch Corduroy Skirt
- Black Harvest Multi Nine West Womens Sleeveless VNeck Printed Woven Blouse Blouse
- CBTLVSN Womens Stylish Faux Fur Wool Open Front MidLength Jacket Coat
- Dasein Saffiano Faux Leather Chain Strap Satchel
- Epinkbridal Illusion Bodice Mermaid Evening Dress with Trumpet Sleeve Open Back Formal Gowns
- GINKANA Sleeveless Women's Maternity Nursing Dress for Breastfeeding Knee Length Pregnancy Dress
- I5 Women's Sherpa Fleece Zip Up Hidden Hood Vest
- Karen Kane Womens Raw Hem Layered Tank Shirt
- Linen Mountain Khakis Pop Top Tunic
- Maxine Of Hollywood 24th & Ocean Women's Sheer Brilliance Crochet Tiered Tankini Top
- New Indian Salwar Kameez Suit Party wear foe Women Pakistani Dress Embroiderd Dress Wedding Fashion Exclusive
- Pink alilith.Z Bling Bling Crystals Sequins Prom Dresses 2019 Long Sexy One Shoulder Satin Evening Dresses Party Gowns for Women
- Red VaniaDress Women Off The Shoulder Long Formal Dress Prom Gowns V060LF
- Silver Okaybrial Women's Sweet 16 Quinceanera Dresses bluesh Pink Off Shoulder Lace Long Prom Ball Gowns Plus Size
- Joseph Ribkoff Pant Style 191814
- Aibrou Womens Short Sleeve Bolero Cardigans Lace Shrugs for Wedding Evening Dresses
- Stance Womens Run Tab Socks
- Turquoise Oasis Half Shell Lilly Pulitzer Womens Bliss Halter Tankini Top
- White FAIRY COUPLE Women's Off the Shoulder Lace Vintage Wedding Party Cocktail Dress DL006
- XQS Women's Down Coats Lightweight Water Resistant Packable Puffer Jacket
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.