Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
60 centimeters shoulder drop
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 10kt Twotone gold Womens Round Diamond Angel Circle Pendant 1 10 Cttw
- Ralph by Ralph Lauren Women's 0rl8168 NonPolarized Iridium Rectangular Sunglasses opal taupe 55.0 mm
- SeSe Code Women's Scoop Neck Floral Printed Casual Sleeveless Flowy Dress
- Swimsuit, Conjoined Belly Slim Sexy Small Chest Conservative Large Size Hot Spring Bathing Suit (color Black, Size L)
- VersaBra Congreenible Multiway Strapless Bra (32A 42DD)
- Women Loose Long Sleeves Round Neck Shirt One Size
- Zeagoo Women's Bohemian Long Sleeve Button Print Casual Long Maxi Dress
- Aidan Mattox Embellished Mesh & Taffeta Ballgown
- Beautiful White gold 14K 14k White gold DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL CHARM
- Bonnie clothing Women's One Shoulder Black Tulle Sexy Party Dress
- Clear Weiwei Ladies Silk Shawl Silk Scarf Send Friends and Family Lightweight and Breathable 180CM65CM
- DINGZAN Floor Length Ball Prom Quinceanera Dresses Camo Wedding Reception Gowns Pleated 2 Black
- FB Jewels Solid Sterling Silver Enameled 3D Nail Enamel W Lobster Clasp Charm
- Gerry Weber Women's Sunshine Shoulderbag Lvz Shoulder Bag
- HUUSA Women's Chunky Turtle Cowl Neck Asymmetric Hem Wrap Sweater Coat with Button Details
- Karen Kane Womens Asymmetric LaceUp Tank
- LilySilk 100% Pure Mulberry Sweet Vest Top and Skirt Holiday Wear 2 Pcs
- Manduka Women's Cross Strap Bra
- Natori Womens Laos Top 27 Pajama Top
- Passat Long Sleeve Modest Wedding Dresses
- Ralph by Ralph Lauren Women's Plastic Woman Sunglass Rectangular, Shiny Havana Glitter, 55 mm
- Set Of Hand Drawn Palm Leaves Women's Fashion Running shoes Retro Mesh Lightweight Basketball Sneakers
- 170 110 cm Women's Sunscreen Large Size Beach Towel Ladies Silk Shawl, Autumn and Winter Printing Neck Scarves Shawl Temperament Wild
- Angie Junior's Spaghetti Strap Border Print Dress
- Swim Solutions Printed EmpireWaist Swimdress Women's Swimsuit Size 10
- Venosan SN41221 Ultraline 2030mmHg Pantyhose Size Small& 44; color Black
- Women Lady Girl Women's Autumn and Winter Scarf Cold Predection and Soft Party Lightweight Scarf (color Black)
- Zalezing Nice Women Formal Designed Lace Round Neck Shirt and Blouse White
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.