Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 100% Cotton Simple Loungwear for Women,Autumn Winter Long Sleeve Pure color Pajamas for Ladies Girls Home Nightwear,Female Gift,bluee
- Raincoats Ladies Fashion Set Raincoat 3m Reflective Strips Split Design Back Breathing Holes Moisture Breathing Highlight Reflecting Mountaineering Rock Climbing (Size XXLarge)
- SELXWomen Embroidery Rivet Zip Front Faux Leather Motocycle Biker Jacket
- Swiland Womens High Waisted Swimsuits Flounce Top Bathing Suits Swimwear
- Venena Womens Sexy Open Back Tank Tops Halter Round Neck Loose Fit Sleeveless Strappy Tanks Camis
- Women Lady Girl Spring and Summer Silk Silk European and American Big Square Scarf Classic Chain Silk Scarf Party Lightweight Scarf (color Yellow)
- Zahra's Houte Couture Women's Diamond Droplet
- Akep Women's KE700blue bluee Cotton Top
- Baseby Women's Mid Long Wedding Hooded Oversized Faux Fur Coat Jacket
- bluee Flower Zando Men's Genuine Leather Dress Belt Trimmed To Fit Classic Uniform Jean Belts
- Cashmere Shawl Scarf Poncho for Women, Light Wrap Stole and Throw Blanket Scarfs, Large Solid Soft Shrug with Fringe
- Dark green Women's Modern LongSleeved Round Neck Latin Dance Dress, Bud Silk Gauze Slim Dress
- Energie Womens Fleece Vest & Graphic TShirt
- Fuchsia olise bridal Women's Mermaid Prom Evening Dresses 2018 Long Formal Evening Gowns Cape
- HNA Classic Multi color Striped Top Handle Tote Bag
- JSYCA Women's Coat Fleece Button Down Faux Leather Slim Fit Jacket
- LHHJ Coat CottonBlend LongSleeved Long Green Ladies Jacket
- Mara Hoffman Womens Tiered Ankle Dress Cover Up Swimwear CoverUp
- Naughty is the New Nice Red Juniors Minky Cozy Fleece Sweater Top
- Pastel by Vivienne Women's TwoTone Midi Dress with Pockets
- Ralph Lauren Womens Lace Embellished Party Dress
- Sexy Shaper Women Palace Shaper Slim Waist Trainer Overbust Shapewear Body Shape Wear Top
- 1545 Designs Women’s Petite Size Black Silk Cotton V Neck Sequence Top
- Angelfashions Women's V Neck Embroidery Lace Flower Straps Mermaid Dress
- Sweet Embroidered Hat Beach Flat Top Letters Raffia Hat Female Summer Vacation Sunhat,Black
- Velvet Womens Lux Slub Capsleeve Tee TShirt
- Women Hooded Packable Padded Puffer Jacket Winter Lightweight Coats
- Z white SweatyRocks Women's Sexy Halter Bikini Set Push Up Padded Cutout Leaves Print Bathing Swimsuit
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.