Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 100% Cotton Simple Loungwear for Women,Autumn Winter Long Sleeve Pure color Pajamas for Ladies Girls Home Nightwear,Female Gift,bluee
- Raincoats Ladies Fashion Set Raincoat 3m Reflective Strips Split Design Back Breathing Holes Moisture Breathing Highlight Reflecting Mountaineering Rock Climbing (Size XXLarge)
- SELXWomen Embroidery Rivet Zip Front Faux Leather Motocycle Biker Jacket
- Swiland Womens High Waisted Swimsuits Flounce Top Bathing Suits Swimwear
- Venena Womens Sexy Open Back Tank Tops Halter Round Neck Loose Fit Sleeveless Strappy Tanks Camis
- Women Lady Girl Spring and Summer Silk Silk European and American Big Square Scarf Classic Chain Silk Scarf Party Lightweight Scarf (color Yellow)
- Zahra's Houte Couture Women's Diamond Droplet
- Aehoor Winter Jacket Womens Down Hooded Coat Warm Thicken Slim 90% Duck Down
- Barco One 5406 Women's Zip Front Solid Scrub Vest
- bluee Ice bluee Ice SPYDER Women’s Syrround Hoody Waterproof Down Jacket for Winter Sports
- Champagne Aishanglina Women's High Neck Short Bias Cut Party Dress
- Del Rossa Women's Cotton Pajamas, Short Button Down Woven Pj Set
- Eudolah Women's Vintage Polka Dot Cap Sleeves Retro Style Picnic Party Dress
- Girls Purse Women's Wallet PU Leather Lady Wallet Large Female Wallets
- Icegrey Evening Clutch Bags Wedding Handbag Crystal Rhinestone Bag
- Joie Womens Awel Silk Midi Shirtdress bluee XS
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.