Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
bluee Pink Amazon Dreams RaanPahMuang Thick Muang Cotton Thai Fishermans Pants Vibrant TieDyed Tie Dye
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 1.STATE Womens Pinstripe Puff Sleeves Blouse
- Rachel Roy Womens Floral Pencil Skirt
- Seafolly Women's Beach Gypsy D Cup Bustier Bra Bikini Top
- Surprisedresshatglassescoat Women Cool Zipper Plus Velvet Jacket Woman Autumn Winter Warm Long Sleeve Outwear
- Vansop Womens Outdoor Lightweight Waterproof Casual Active Jacket Hooded Raincoat
- Women Beach Cover up Knit Swimwear Dress Bikini Coverup Swimsuits Sexy Lace Bathing Suits Wine
- YSMei Womens Scoop Cap Sleeve Prom Evening Dress Long Mermaid Formal Gown YPM442
- Aibrou Women Nightgown Cotton Nightshirt Long Sleeve Print Shirt Dress Sleepwear
- Bali Island Hand Woven Bag Round Butterf Buckle Rattan Straw Bags Satchel Wind Bohemia Beach Circle Bohemia Bag Hollow Handbag
- blue Rod Beattie Womens Mykonos Multi Print High Neck Lace Tie Back Bikini Top Bikini Top
- CLAYTON Womens Audra Cut Out Neckline Bell Sleeve Dress Dress
- Dingkun Gift for Mom Gift for grandmother Summer hat, summer resort, straw hat sunscreen hat Beach Hat middle age hat Hat
- Fawziya Sakura Flower Hard Case Purse Luxury Crystal Evening Clutch Handbag
- Gabby Skye Womens Plus Size Elbow Sleeve V Neck Midi Aline Dress Casual Dress
- Hot Flames Winter Thermal Cycling Jersey for Women
- JuneBridal Pink Long Sleeves Quinceanera Dress Vestidos de 15 anos Ball Gown Sweet 16 Dresses for Gradution
- Light bluee ZLQQ Women's Beaded Ball Gown Lace Applique Sweet 16 Detachable Quinceanera Dress
- Mafulus Womens Floral Casual Dresses Long Sleeve Crew Neck Swing Midi Dress with Pockets
- MyBatua Women's Islamic Clothing Sehr Hand Embroidered Kaftan Abaya in Black
- PAIGE Women's Verdugo Crop JeansQuill
- Race Face Women's DIY Short Sleeve Jersey
- SCRT New Yoga Clothes Sports Suit Female Professional Fitness QuickDrying Morning and Night Running Tight (color Red, Size XXL)
- TheUniqueHouse Vintage Dress Sexy Deep Back Lace VNeck Grand Sleeve Celebrity Bodycon Maxi Gauze Mermaid Dress,bluee,M,U
- Alexander + David D Womens Casual Long Slv Tie Tencel Denim Midi Shirt Dress
- Stormwise Women's Western Style Cowgirl Suede Leather Quality Fringed Jacket
- TYZP Fitness Yoga Clothing Perspiration & Breathable & QuickDrying HighWaist Umbilical Body Shaping Sports ShortSleeved Women (color Camouflage White, Size S)
- White Uther Bridal Prom Gown Off The Shoulder VNeck Ruched Mermaid Wedding Dresses
- Yasumond Urimoser Velvet Sweatsuit Set Women's Sports Hooded Sweatshirt and Pants Black 2 Pieces Tracksuits
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.