Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 0pink Romwe Women's Zipper VNeck Sweatshirt
- RaanPahMuang Brand Tough Thin Cotton Thai Fisherman Wrap Pants Tall
- SCHOEN by YU Women' s Dark Muse MidRise Ankle Cuffed Jean
- SunglassLA Novelty Rainbow Unicorn Sunglasses For Women Horn Rimmed Square Lens 50mm
- Valentino V726S Round Valentino Sunglasses
- WJBRIDE Women's Lace Applique Beaded Wedding Dresses for Bride Long 2019 Cap Sleeves Wedding Gowns with Belt
- YOUCOO Women Short Sleeve Floral Shirt Summer Cotton Shirt Blouse
- AlpnRock Women's Cheyenne Henley Knit Cuff Shirt
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver 4.5mm Magic Herringbone Chain
- Bollywood Anarkali Dresses for women Salwar Kameez Ceremony Wedding Punjabi 753 2
- Chromat Women's Reactive Racer Top
- Devon & Jones Ladies Stretch TechShell Compass FullZip
- Farlenoyar Women Cashmere Luxurious Soft Winter Warm Scarf Wool Wraps Shawls Scarves
- GAGA Women's Casual Quilted Thick Print Lapel Pockets Homewear Robe
- Hot Sox Famous Artist Series Women's Bundle Mona Lisa, A Sunday Afternoon, Starry Night & The Scream
- Junlan Women Weight Loss Waist Trimmer Trainer Belt Sauna Neoprene Workout Corset Body Shaper Tummy Ab Cincher Shapewear
- Light Mocha Natori Womens Bella Congreen Balconette Uw Balconette Bra
- Maaji Womens Air Glam Funky Dance Jogger Pants
- Multicolour (Dynamic Dots) Kipling Women’s Art Crossbody Bag
- Oval Cabochon White Simulated Opal 18K pink gold Plated Silver Pendant 1.29 Cttw With 18 Inch Chain
- QY Bride Long Mother of The Bride Dresses with Half Sleeve Prom Gown
- Scarf Fashion Winter Warm Tartan Blanket Plaid Scarf wrap Shawl,C
- 170 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots Y5DO9 Folding Fan
- Angie Women's Navy Printed Keyhole Cold Shoulder Top
- SwimSolutions Women's Congreenible Floral OnePiece Swimsuit
- Verdusa Women's Leopard Print Denim ALine Short Pencil Skirt
- Women Leather Belt Hollow Adjustable Waist Belt for Jeans Pants Dresses
- Zantt Women's Sherpa Lined Quilted Hoodie Parkas Loose Fit Plus Size Puffer Coat
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.