Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- ‘ale by alessandra Womens Cody Crochet Raffia Sunhat; Packable, Adjustable & UPF Rated Sun Hat
- R&M Richards Womens Lace Gown with Belt Dress
- Scarisee Womens Long Sleeves Beaded High Low Evening Prom Party Dresses LaceSA91
- Sunglasses Cat Eye Mirrored Polarized Eye Glasses Fashion Metal Frame Goggles UV400
- Utopia Multi Gottex Womens Draped Panel Thin Strap Surplice One Piece Swimsuit One Piece Swimsuit
- Winter Waterproof Cold Weather Warm Coat Female Plus Velvet Jacket Windproof Camping Hiking Coat with Hood Removable Hood, Unisex, M3XL,Osered,XXXL
- Yoga Pilates Pants Yoga Pants Trousers Leggings Tight Nine Points Net Yarn Five Hollow Outdoor Sports Trousers Leggings (Size L)
- Amanda Uprichard Womens Jenna Dress Dress
- BCBGeneration Womens Patched Printed Drawstring Pant Pants
- bluee VaniaDress Women V Neck Half Sleeveles Long Evening Dress Formal Gowns V265LF
- Christian Dior CD 3270, Cat Eye, acetate, women, blueE(AMK), 53 13 140
- Detachableburgundy SweatyRocks Women's Sexy Bikini Swimsuit Tie Knot Front Swimwear Set
- Fanplusfriend Vintage Shirt Long Sleeve Blouse PinTuck Lacing up Back Shirt
- GJFeng Flannel Bathrobes for Men and Women Long Thick Coral Fleece Robes Warm Pajamas (color bluee, Size M)
- IFUNLE Women Fashion Long Wallet Large Capacity Clutch Card Holder Coin Pouch Snap Buckle Zipper Travel Purse Handbag
- Kasper Womens Solid Knit Pique Dress Dress
- Little Mistress Womens Ladies Anna Grid Beadwork Maxi Dress
- Mali pink NYDJ Womens Petite Petite Size Sleeveless Pintuck Blouse
- Nanquan Women Chunky MidLong Long Sleeve Zip up Hoodie Jean Denim Jacket
- Parker Womens Ronda Combo Spaghetti Strap Asymmetrical Top Cami Shirt
- Rains City Tote Black One Size
- SELXWomen Warm Down Coat Belted Faux Fur Hoodie Glossy Puffer Jacket
- 0.69 Ct Yellow Citrine 18K pink gold Plated Silver Ring Pendant Set
- Alilith.Z Sexy V Neck Backless Short Homecoming Prom Dresses Rhinestones Lace Evening Party Dresses for Women 2018
- Sugoi Evolution 8 Ladies Bib Short 2017
- Unifizz Women's Short Sleeve Flare Flowy Irregular Hem Tunic TShirt
- WindowPick,miaoqian170，LIJUMN Windproof Ski Suit Snowsuit for Women Warm Winter Clothing Waterproof Outdoor Sport Ski Jacket and Pants Set
- YESNO WN4 Women Casual Loose Cartoon Hoodies Sweatshirt Cute Rabbit Printed Long Sleeve Pockets
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.