Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Yoome Cute Cartoon Hot Air Balloon Ladies Handbag Cloud Decoration Emroidery
- QT Intimates Shaping Brief Brief
- Sasonfixia Bell Sleeve Off Shoulder Tube Top Elastic Hem Women's Crop Tops
- Summer striped women's shortsleeved pajamas home service suit ( color Pink , Size XL )
- Unomatch Women Retro Embossed Flowers Long Sleeves Tight Dress Navy
- Wink Gal Women's Triangle Wireless Bra Removable Padded Cotton Bralette Small Black
- YIRENWANSHA Fashion V Neck Satin Evening Dress A Line Long Bead Formal Prom Party GownSHEV86
- Alfani Womens Plus Printed Ruffle Sleeves Blouse
- Barbet Dog Print Women's Bath Robe
- bluee Blazer Small oranges 2019 Women Striped Long Jackets Fashion Long Sleeve Blazer Office Lady Style Coat with Pocket
- Cat Pattern Women Toe Socks 5 Finger Cotton Wicking (Crew Low Cut Ankle) Athletic 4 5 6 Pack
- Dark Purple H.S.D Evening Dresses Long Prom Dresses Lace Bridesmaid Dresses Evening Formal Gowns
- Enza Costa Womens Short Sleeve Knot Hilo TShirt Dress
- GenericWomen Outdoors Mountain Windproof Fleece Warm Coat Rain Snow Hiking
- HUIFANG Korean Version of The British Wool Plaid Scarf Female Autumn and Winter Houndstooth Shawl Dualuse Wild Long Paragraph 90 200CM A (color Brown, Size 90 200CM)
- Kaitaijidian Women's Off The Shoulder 2 Piece Prom Dresses Long Tulle Evening Party Gowns
- Lilly Pulitzer Womens Bliss Halter Tankini Top
- Maaji Womens Colombian Paradise Bikini Top Swimsuit Bikini Top
- Multipurpose Women's Sunglasses Cat Eyes Acetate Fibre Frame Nylon Lens UV Predection Driving Party Vacation Sunglasses Suitable for Outdoor and Everyday use (color Red)
- Overcoat for Women Winter, Simple Loose Casual DoubleFaced Woolen Cashmere Warm Coat,BeigeS
- QY Bride Retro Mother of The Bride Dresses with Long Sleeve Jacket
- Scarf for Gift Plaid Scarf Female Autumn and Winter Classic bib Spring and Autumn Students Wild Spring and Autumn Shawl Dualuse (Size A) Classic Scarf (Size E)
- [BLANKNYC] Blank NYC Womens The Rivington Hi Rise Tapered Leg Denim Jeans in Jackpot
- Alicepub Maxi Bridesmaid Dresses Halter Prom Party Dresses for Women
- STYLEWORD Women's Three Quarter Sleeve Christmas Dress Stripe Elk Casual Dress
- Unastar Women MidLong Faux Suede Winter Belt Premium Outwear Overcoat
- Wildfox Women's Bride Print Sweatpants White
- Yellow Multi Dress the Population Womens Audrey Spaghetti Strap Midi Aline 3D Floral Dress Special Occasion Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.