Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Black+purple YaShaer 2 Pack Invisible Strapless Body Shaper Shapewear High Waist Tummy Control Butt Lifter Panty Slim
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Sweet Matilda Women's MCGLTPS000005043E White Cotton TShirt
- QDCACA Women's Winter Mid Long Hooded Drawstring Thicken Down Jacket Coat
- Sandra Darren Plus Women's Jacquard Knit Dress
- Sububblepper Women's VNeck Sheer Transparent Sexy Lingerie Bow Lace Pajamas One Size M (color pink red, Size M)
- UNibelle Womens Waterproof Raincoat Jacket Outdwear Hooded Running Windbreaker Coat
- William Rast Womens Willliam Rast Devon for Days 3 4 Pesant Woven Tops TShirt
- Yeoyaw Women's Off Shoulder Long Lace Elegant Mermaid Evening Party Wedding Beach Dress
- Alaskan bluee TowelSelections Turkish Cotton Robe Kimono Collar Terry Bathrobe Made in Turkey
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Women's Mason Skinny Pant
- bluee H.S.D Womens Modest Satin Long Sleeves Bolero Shrug
- Charter Club MixedPrint BellSleeve Top,
- Designer Indian Traditional Fancy Padded Cap Sleeves Saree Blouse Choli (X146) Multiple colors Available
- Enza Costa Womens Rib Split Collar Long Sleeve Top Shirt
- Givenchy Foulard Women's Red Black Logo Silk 70 cm x 200 cm
- Idrw009 Brownie Women's Sleeveless Casual Muscle TShirt Tunic Dress with Raw Edge Cut
- Jordache Legacy Womens Zoey Mid Rise Boot Cut Jeans Jeans
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.