Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- ONLYSHE Women's Unique High Low Mermaid Dress Solid color Off Shoulder VNeck Dress Red XLarge
- Purple ZLQQ Woman's Half Sleeves Tulle Short Bridesmaid Dresses Lace Tea Length Evening Gowns
- Sam Edelman Women's Nora Chevron Down Coat with Belt
- Style & Co. Woodland Garden Printed BellSleeve Tunic
- Ulla Popken Women's Plus Size bluee Floral Stretch Leggings 717883
- Whiteshirt Blackpant Gomfe 2019 New Business Set Office Lady 2 Pieces Set Blazer+Pencil Pants Or Skirts Solid color Blouse Formal Suits
- Yellow Hutch Women's Printed Strapless Dress
- Alex Evenings Womens Short Shift Dress with Embroidered Bodice and Illusion Back Dress
- Beautiful Yellow gold 14K Yellowgold 14k Small Dolphin Post Earrings
- Bp Studio Women's MCBI16285 Yellow Cotton TShirt
- City Studio Womens Studio Shimmer Strapless Cocktail Shift Dress
- Dianye The Girl basin cap hat elderly cap visor sun hat sun hat summer Ms. mother Cap
- Fashion Shoulder Bag Rucksack PU Leather Women Girls Ladies Backpack Travel Bag Lemon Like Peony
- Gossard Womens Sport Lux Wired Long Line Bralet Plunge Bra
- Indian Handicrfats Export Kanchnar Women's Poly Silk Jacquard Saree for Traditional Wear
- Khaki Anysize Sides Seam Pockets Linen Cotton 4Season Plus Size Clothing Y66
- London Times Women's Petite Mesh Sleeveless Printed Dress with Sharkbite Hem
- Majestic Filatures Womens Soft Touch Marrow L S V Shirt
- Nanette Lepore Women's Utopia Tease Bikini Top
- Parisbonbon Women's 100% Cashmere Scoop Neck Tank Top
- Rags and Couture Women's Strapless Maxi Tube Maternity Dress with Pockets
- Seeland Erin Lady Shirt Chocolate Tile
- Desk Lamps Desk Lamp, LED Table Lamps Dimmable Touch EyeCare with USB Charger Port Table lamp (color White)
- Ali & Jay Womens Outlaws Longsleeve Illusion Mini Dress Dress
- Style2white Liaoye Women's Off Shoulder Wedding Dresses Plus Size Elegant Bridal Ball Gown
- Umgee USA Women's Long Sleeve Top With Lace Heather Grey
- WIIPU Celeb Vintage Sheath Business Zipper Bodycon Pencil Dress(J2149)
- Yellow Tutu Vivi Womens Strapless Prom Ball Gowns Satin Formal Evening Party Dresses High
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.