Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 20KyleBird Tulle Beaded Appliques Homecoming Dresses Mini Length Sequins Sleeveless Cocktail Prom Party Gowns KB082
- Red Loyasun Corset Lingerie Hourglass Corset with Steel Bonings & Vintage Buttons & Chains Steampunk Corset
- Silicone Breast Prosthesis Fake Chest Full Boob Touch Feeling Like Real Human Breasts 1 Pair 1200g Breast,DarkSkinSelfSticking2XL2.6Lb Pair
- Tavin Turkish Red Black Multi Crew Neck Unlined Modesty Dresses
- Ti2 Titanium Womens Woodland Triple Butterfly Stem Pendant Green
- VOA bluee Silk Soft Elastic Waist Sleeveless high Waist swallowtailed Dress
- Womens Short Sleeve Dress Women's Off The Shoulder One Sleeve Side Slit Asymmetric Wedding Party Prom Dress (color Black, Size L)
- Alilith.Z Sexy Spaghetti Strap Satin Prom Dresses 2019 Long Slit Evening Dresses Formal Party Gowns for Women with Pockets
- BEACH BUNNY HEATHER GREY PRESLEY OFF SHOULDER TOP
- bluesh Uther Elegant Tulle Evening Ball Gowns Long Beaded Formal Prom Party Dresses
- CIKRILAN Women's 3in1 Windproof Waterproof Breathable Ladies Warm Jacket Coat
- Diamond2Deal 14k Yellow gold gold Polished Citrine Bow Pendant
- Fashion Focus Ribbed Cotton 3 4 Sleeve Tunic Top
- Glam and Gloria Women's Leopard Animal Print Black Star Design Bodysuit Top
- Ijkw011 Fuchsia Instar Mode Women's Long Sleeve Zipper Closure Moto Biker Faux Leather Jacket
- Kathy Ireland Women's Floral Round Frame with Pink Silver Mirror Lens Sunglasses
- Liu Jo Women's MCBI23355 White Viscose Tank Top
- brown Velvet Designer Wedding wear Lehenga choli with Bridal Net Dupatta Indian Ethnic Women dress 7726
- Navy Romwe Women's Casual Cap Sleeve Bow Tie Blouse Top Shirts
- Pendleton Mini Accordion Wallet Women's La Paz Black, One Size
- Red CFBD Sunglasses Women Sunglasses Polarized Cat Eye Alloy Ladies Sun Glasses Driver Driving Mirrors color Glasses
- Shoshanna Womens Marine Stripe Zip Front Rashguard Rash Guard Shirt
- 110 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots W6QO8 Dagger Knife
- Anekaant Women's Whimsical Cotton Sling Bag
- Susana Monaco Womens Double Layer Crew Dress
- Vaslanda Women's Tummy Control Bodysuit OpenBust Zipper Shapewear
- Women Clutch Long Purse Lingge Three Folding MultiCard Female Wallet Female Short Card Package one Package Japanese and Korean Version of The Student Wallet Wallet (color bluee) (color Pink)
- YUELI Women's One Shoulder Sexy Dress Floor Length Evening Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.