Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2017 High Grade New Scarf Autumn And Winter Printing Warm Shawl Square,5OneSize
- Red He's Mine & She's Mine His and Hers Gifts Couple Hoodies for Couples
- SHUSHI Women Maxi Kaftan Dresses Loose Beach Swim Cover Up Long Floral Caftan
- TaoNice Womens Slim ThighLength Classics Wool Blends Open Front Pea Coat
- Three Dots Womens Tencel Long Sleeve Long Tight Shirt Tunic Shirt
- Vivicoco Womens Long Sleeve Rash Guard Swim Shirts Athletic Sports Top
- Women's Sexy Bikini Set Swimsuit Bikini Halter Hollow Siamese Ladies Spa Beach
- Agan Traders 18 WJ Lambs Wool Mens Fleece Lined Winter Sherpa Hoodie Full Zip Up Sweater Jacket
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver Toggle Link Bracelet
- BOLLYWOOD STYLISH SAREE SARI WITH BLOUSE WEDDING CEREMONY PARTY WEAR MUSLIM 8102 ds
- Champagne Yuki Isabelle Women's Mermaid Prom Dresses Lace Embroidery Long Evening Gowns
- Deny Designs Au Revoir Adventure Carry All Tote Bag, 18 x 16
- EverBeauty Womens Long Lace Applique Tulle Prom Dress Aline Open Back Evening Ball Gown
- GenericWomen Traditional Bride Wedding Dress Wedding Cheongsam Long Dress
- Huifany Homecoming Dresses Short Halter Neck Women Prom Ball Gowns Cocktail Party Dresses with Sleeveless for Teenagers
- Kaitaijidian Womens V Neck Long Quinceanera Dresses Tulle Ball Gown Prom Dresses
- Lilly Pulitzer Women's Clary Polo Dress
- MACloth Women V Neck Sequin Wedding Formal Evening Gown Long Bridesmaid Dress
- MWW Juniors Office Blazer Casual OL Long Sleeve Suits Slim Fit One Button Jacket
- Pagoda bluee Helly Hansen Women's Seven J Jacket
- R2n fashions Dog mom Embroidered Women'sTrucker Hats Caps
- Scarleton Trendy Accent Chain Strap Crossbody Bag H2001
- 1 jxfd Women's Hood Faux Fur Lined Fuzzy Winter Hooded Thicken Outwear
- Allen Allen Womens PullOn Pocket Shorts
- Summer Knight Hat,Flat Straw Hat Fashion Visor Baseball Cap
- Unisex Winter Turtleneck Warmer Knitted Scarf (Grey)
- Wine Red SUNNYME Women's Short Sleeve T Shirt Dresses Solid Crew Neck Loose Irregular Hem Tunics
- Yilis Women's Beaded Spaghetti Straps V Neck Satin Aline Evening Prom Dress Long Formal Gown with Pockets
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.